Expedient helps companies transform their IT operations through award-winning cloud solutions & managed services. Named VMware's Americas Cloud Partner of the Year & acknowledged in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service, Expedient's solutions help to ease clients' transition to the cloud, enabling them to focus on strategic business innovation, while the Expedient team handles operation of the technology needed to support it.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, we are seeking an experienced Corporate Controller to lead our accounting & finance team. The ideal candidate is a CPA with experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role, & in the technology industry. The individual will have proven success working with senior management to drive best-in-class financial results.
This position reports directly to the CFO & is responsible for overseeing all facets of our monthly close cycle, internal & external financial reporting, business tax filings, policy development & a comprehensive set of internal controls to mitigate risk.
- Lead our team of business unit controllers & staff accountants
- Direct & manage the monthly close process, maintaining a 5-day close process, including the consolidation of multi-company financial results, monthly analysis & trends
- Report monthly results to the executive management team, detailing variances month over month & to plan
- Provide counsel & guidance to management to ensure future financial targets are met
- Ensure compliance with local, state & federal requirements & file all federal, state & local business tax returns
- Maintain a system of internal controls to ensure the integrity of the financial statements & general ledger are in accordance with GAAP
- Manage the year end close process, audit preparation & on-site audit work for annual external financial statement work
- Coordinate with the Director of Operational Accounting to manage & maintain effective & efficient accounting operations
- Assist leadership with the annual budgeting & planning process
- Monitor debt levels & compliance with debt covenants
- Manage the recording & depreciation of fixed assets, including monthly fixed asset audits
- Monitor & report to management monthly capital expenditures & ensure compliance with established fixed asset policy guidelines & budgets
- Review & approve biweekly payroll
- Manage cash flow requirements & approves vendor payments
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances & maximize the return on any excess cash balances
- Manage banking needs & requirements
- Establish necessary state & local registrations for new geographical markets & company expansion
- Review & record journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity & ensure accuracy of data
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable standards, rules, & regulations including ASC-606, ASC 842, & ASC 340-40
- Bachelors degree in accounting or directly related discipline
- CPA is required
- 10+ years of experience in accounting & finance including work with larger enterprises
- 5+ years of experience managing finance staff & managing workflow & processes
- 5+ years in a position responsible for controller-level responsibilities
- Experience with tax & financial audits
- A strategic planner with sound technical skills, good judgement & strong operational focus
- Ability to present information to top-level management, public groups, and/or board of directors
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint
- Strong team leader that motivates others
- National accounting firm audit experience is highly preferred but not required
- Strong experience in both the private & public accounting sectors is preferred but not required
- Experience converting accounting systems/software is preferred but not required
- MBA is highly desired but not required
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
We place a high value on learning & staying agile in the technology arena. We make education & training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training & tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match & a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team & individual success.
To apply please submit your resume & a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isnt the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.