Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation & create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community & collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North Americas fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte & Magazine, & have been rated a leader by the analyst community & named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, & we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia's product organization is looking for a product owner who can cultivate & drive innovation in Acquias platform service offerings. The Product Owner (PO) works directly with a Product Manager, Technical Lead, Scrum Master, & Service Engineering Team to define requirements, establish priorities, execute roadmaps, & optimize their products market & technical potential. The Product Owner must have a passion for developing sustainable & scalable products, & demonstrate good instincts on making effective judgments as to prioritization, time allocation, & risk assessment.
Reporting directly to Acquias Experience Factory Product Line Director you will be working closely with product management & engineering leadership to streamline processes; manage milestones, schedules & processes required to track & deliver product; provide analytical guidance to the engineering team; & provide leadership throughout the entire product lifecycle, communicating & mitigating risks in the context of time-to-market requirements. Most importantly it will be the responsibility of the Product Owner to ensure engineering stakeholders are aligned to both timelines & the value proposition of the program.
- Manage product backlog & work daily with the service team to ensure alignment on the vision, goals, & priorities of the product
- Work with stakeholders to create & maintain service level objectives
- Establish short term & mid-term product roadmaps, & be able to communicate data driven time estimates
- Cultivate & optimize the communication of their service teams to the rest of the organization
- Lead requirements gathering effort on initiatives & epics
- Document story details based on the epics after reviewing with development
- Lead establishment of team objectives & key results (OKRs) based on input from Corporate OKRs, Product Management, other POs, & service team members
- Develop feedback loops to validate the most critical product changes prior to implementation & solicit ideas for new functionality
- Create mockups & works with UX on design & write acceptance criteria
- Be a core contributor during sprint planning & sprint review meetings, as well as participate in other traditional scrum ceremonies
- Analyze & act on service team performance, stability, & culture to support continued product innovation & flexibility
- Analyze & act on product performance, stability, & client culture to maintain continued product success & market fit
- 5+ years of delivery experience using agile methodologies, disciplines, practices & techniques for the delivery of new & legacy applications
- 3+ years working with cloud technologies/business or related experience
- Demonstrates analytical skills & ability to coordinate & lead engineering teams
- Familiar with Cloud technologies, web content management, distributed systems, & the latest trends in digital experience management is a plus
- Demonstrates strong written & verbal communication skills with audiences ranging from developer to executive
- Passion to improve processes, increase velocity, & promote empathetic, collaborative relationships a must
- Experience with FedRAMP, HIPAA, SOC1, SOC2, & other compliance regulations & security protocols a plus
- Opinionated to always do the right thing, is committed to building an awesome product, not afraid to inspire & cultivate crazy ideas, & is willing to jump in & own their product from the process up
- Technical background in Linux or Cloud infrastructure technologies
- Technical background in Drupal development or hosting
- Technical background in cultivating DevOps at the technical & organizational level
- Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.