Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years-- we are now active in fourteen different countries on three continents.
The Payroll & Timekeeping Senior Manager is a critical leader in the People Total Rewards Analytics Core Services (TRACS) team. It owns the full management & accountability of the payroll function & time keeping management systems for our US operations, consisting of 4500 permanent employees & 5,000 contingent workers.
This position reports directly to our (head) Associate Director, People Core Services (aka HR Operations).
- Account & be wholly responsible for the calculation, accuracy, auditing, compliance, adherence to company policy, & timely processing of payroll & all of its elements, including regular pay (salaried & hourly), sales commission, discretionary bonus pay, relocation allowances, severance pay, equity pay, ad hoc incentives for hourly workers, expense reimbursements & other pay elements as needed
- Develop best in class through continuous improvement of scalable cyclical processing, auditing procedures, & compliance monitoring for payroll & timekeeping
- Create & document processes, audit procedures, & proofs so that all variations in pay & time submissions are justified in the event of a robust internal or external audit
- Ensure that no pay variation is left unexplained or unjustified
- Serve as deep subject matter expert & strategic partner on payroll/timekeeping compliance, processing, auditing, & documentation for both supporting the People team & other areas of the organization
- Manage direct internal report(s) but also the relationship with our PEO payroll department to ensure compliant, accurate, & timely execution of payroll processing
- Lead potential new payroll & timekeeping systems setup & new outsourced services for payroll & timekeeping
- Manage relationships with all payroll & timekeeping vendors
- Own all data/system integrations of payroll & timekeeping systems with other People (HR), finance, operational systems, etc.
- Partner with our distribution center operations for processes & procedures to ensure accurate & timely submission of timecards & tracking hourly incentives for payroll
- Partner with Benefits, HCM, Compensation, Sales, Distribution Center Operations, Sales, & other business area teams for set-up & ensuring their accurate & timely execution for total rewards operational processes, employee life-cycle events, expense payments, & other cross functional business needs & reporting for which payroll or time keeping are involved
- Drive organizational accountability for submitting necessary data for time keeping & payroll processing
- Resolve ad hoc payroll/timekeeping issues immediately but have a strategic mindset for mid & long term solutions
- Structure team & vendors to be the point of contact for payroll operations processing, troubleshooting & various other activities for managing payroll transactions/time keeping, including wages, bonuses, expense reimbursements, & benefits transactions
- Manage important correspondence associated with payroll relating to wage garnishments/payroll taxes/benefits deductions & push forward appropriate adjustments & communications
- Partner with other areas of People team constructing relevant communications & change management considerations relating to payroll & timekeeping
- People Advocate + Culture Curator: your passion for solving people problems & dedication to delivering a positive employee experience make you an awesome ambassador for our culture & team
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action & pave the way for efficiency
- Results-driven: you enjoy grinding away at issues & brainstorming creative methods for problem-solving
- Interpersonal: you're intuitive, engaging, & outgoing; you're engaging & instantly connect with people
- Flexible: you thrive in autonomous environments with high growth & don't get overwhelmed easily
- Embrace Ambiguity: if there is not a clear path, you thrive & get excited from the path you can forge
- Self starter but collaborator, independently motivated, leads oneself, works cross functionally, & embraces stakeholder management
- Professional: you have a high level of integrity & handle confidential information with tact
- A Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Minimum 6+ years experience managing multi-state payroll for companies with 4000+ employees (non-exempt & exempt)
- HCM setup experience highly desirable
- Experience managing employees and third party resources, including onboarding & systems integration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, & ability to analyze/interpret data
- A strategic mindset with the ability to dig into the details, shifting seamlessly between these efforts
- Customer Service mentality - you are not just all about systems & processes but you can relate & deliver excellent servicing to your peers, partners, & clients
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks & allocate resources to meet goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate superior judgment & discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong communication skills that enable clarity & business action between technical payroll & timekeeping items to non-payroll employees
- Strong attention to detail & sense of urgency for critical timelines
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests from Day 1
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.