Were on a mission to design a better world. And we want your help.
IDEO.org is nonprofit design consultancy. Were a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, & connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, & a passion for social change. Our work tackling some of the worlds toughest design challenges takes us all over the worldfrom communities across Asia & Africa to neighborhoods in our own backyards.
IDEO.org has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Resources professional to join our team in New York City!You are the ideal candidate if you thrive in a dynamic, creative environment & mix fun with rolling your sleeves up & getting a lot of great work done. Comfortable with ambiguous situations, you will collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop, manage, & ensure all aspects of the Human Resources function align with & contribute to the business objectives. This role is expected to be hands-on & balance the strategic with the tactical while overseeing the full range of HR including: HR Operations, L&D, Experience across the employee lifecycle, Employee Relations & acting as a partner to Talent Acquisition. You possess strong interpersonal skills, empathy for others, & thrive at building solid relationships based on trust. This role functions as a Human Resources expert, key business partner & and will manage a small Talent team (3) across three studios. You will report directly to the CFO.
- Collaborate with cross-functional core team to update company policies & procedures, communicating & enforcing organization values in compliance with all legal & organizational requirements, standards & procedures.
- Assists in the oversight of HRIS, continuously identifying & implementing new processes, technologies, & workflows that will help us grow & maintain an excellent experience for our team
- Ensure ongoing compliance of all legal & organizational requirements, standards, & procedures & advise CFO & Talent Team on needed actions
- Review, track & strategically enhance employee benefits in order to support a growing & diverse employee population. Oversee Open Enrollment & relationship with benefits vendors.
- Lead a tri-annual compensation & promotion calibration across all functions of the the organization
- Advise the design & ongoing execution of L&D practices, including development of internal IDEO.org training programs to complement involvement in IDEOs programs
- Oversee performance management process ensuring Talent Team is equipped to carry out equitable & informed decision-making
- Advise best practices related to Talent Acquisition. Serve as a strategic thought partner to Talent Acquisition to ensure that recruiting goals are aligned to organizational objectives
- Provide clear guidance & perspective on how to manage Employee Relations; coach others on the Talent Team & Leadership Team to address & resolve employee issues promptly, effectively, & objectively while staying aligned with organizational policy & culture
- Ensure accountability & data-driven results to drive organization-wide DEI initiative
- Write, deliver, & facilitate internal communications to help with change management & consistent messaging across the organization.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the organization, supporting employees through hardship, & influencing managers to enact changes that preserve whats unique about our culture while helping us evolve to support the needs of our people
- Stay informed on employment best practices through research, industry events, & networking to help us design & evolve best-in-class Talent + Employee Experience
- Manage & lead a team of Talent/HR professionals, providing leadership & mentorship to direct reports with clear direction, regular honest feedback, & personal development
Who you are:
- Passionate about supporting, coaching all members of an organization.
- Deep understanding of foundational HR areas (L&D, compensation, performance management, benefits, payroll, immigration, legal, employee relations)
- Data-driven. Seasoned in working with people analytics to provide valuable insights to business leaders
- Experienced at designing & implementing scalable, high quality operational HR programs, processes & systems
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication & presentation skills & the ability to deal effectively, empathetically, & courteously with all levels of employees & management are required.
- Committed to the professional development of HR & Talent team. Coach & mentor team members, playing an active role in developing expertise. Track record of coaching, mentoring, & supporting upward growth of HR team members
- Experience guiding leaders through organizational design conversations in order to optimize IDEO.org to meet business objectives.
- Previous international HR experience is a plus
- Passionate about our mission
- 6-10 years in related Human Resources roles, with prior experience working in talent management, change management, culture, Organization Design & performance management
- Strong foundation in L&D, compensation, performance management, benefits, payroll, immigration, legal HR compliance, employee relations
- 3 plus years managing a team
- Mixture of start-up & corporate experience preferred
- Related Bachelors degree; Masters degree in Human Resources and/or Organization Development & advanced certificate in HR (SPHR/GPHR) preferred
- Experience building & optimizing programs across diverse teams & cultures in a global organization
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IDEO.org is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.