Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
This is an on-site role that will work out of our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office, typically working from 8am-5pm EST. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Role
The Assistant Facilities Manager, WPX role is a critical function within the Workplace Experience team at Harrys. Were looking for a hospitality-oriented individual who is excited to work in an evolving office environment with lots of opportunity to shape the onsite experience.
What you will accomplish:
- Independently oversee the day-to-day operations of the H office space at 75 Varick, including vendor oversight, landlord coordination, & general maintenance
- Ensure building systems are operational & maintained in accordance with local/national regulations, with an emphasis on employee health & safety
- Respond promptly to all requests for building maintenance, repairs, cleaning needs, etc, & proactively implement ongoing processes to address & resolve needs/problems
- Manage onsite vendor staff (mail services & janitorial) to deliver a high level of service in compliance with contracts & SLAs
- Assist with major construction projects, build outs, & office moves
- Project manage smaller scale activities like space optimization, furniture changes, & signage updates
- Maintain responsibility for facilities based budget lines, vendor invoices, & bids for vendor services; Assist in preparation of operating & capital budgets
- Serve as an ambassador for the office space - help newcomers get oriented, answer questions about resources, & anticipate needs
- Deliver employee experience services with a people-first, hospitality mindset - this will include stocking our free product area, leading new employee tours, & managing employee gifting for milestones & anniversaries
- Partner with internal teams on employee onboarding & offboarding tasks like badge creation & equipment shipments
- Proactively establish & reimagine processes & procedures for ongoing smooth operations; Document our facilities procedures so theyre detailed & easy to read
- Manage all office supply inventory & restocking
- Interact regularly & build relationships with executives & colleagues across various business lines
- Use small hand tools & perform tasks such as painting, furniture assembly, & light maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring both office space & storage closets are clean & organized
- Assist with event set up
- Occasional after hours or weekend work may be applicable
This should describe you:
- 3+ years professional experience in facilities operations
- Proactive: You take initiative to solve problems & get the job done
- Organized & detail-oriented: You create great processes to keep organized & always double check your work-- you never miss a detail!
- Hard working: You are reliable & consistent in your work & mindful of coordinating coverage when out of the office
- Handy: Able to perform tasks such as changing a lightbulb or tightening a door handle
- Service-oriented: You have infinite enthusiasm for helping our Harrys employees
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- A sense of humor
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reports to the Sr Manager of Workplace Experience within the People team
- Sr Associate, Employee Experience on event setups & in office activities
- Internal teams like IT, People, Finance, Legal, & executive assistants, but will also work cross-functionally to support all teams in the office
- External vendors & service providers
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $71,200-$97,900, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.