About the Role
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for managing & configuring the Workday Financial systems. This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge of finance business processes & methodologies along with a strong analytical & data modeling background. The candidate will have direct hands on experience in Workday Financials process design, configuration & implementation. The role will focus on customer accounts, helping to lead a large-scale implementation of invoice management, cash application & revenue mangament.
They partner with diverse business stakeholders to lead numerous projects to increase business efficiency & automate business processes in Workday. They have excellent collaboration, problem solving & advanced technical skills. They provide technical guidance, are hands on, & respond to end user requests for new features, problem investigation, security configuration & complex reports.
- Manage the end-to-end functional support for Workday Financials, specifically Customer Invoicing & Revenue Management
- Work closely with the business teams to understand functional requirements & execute them through successful implementation, testing & deployment with required documentation
- Configure & administrate data security & comply with policies & procedures (working closely with Security lead)
- Assist in resolving User How To questions & create relevant job aids/training/communicationsaids/learning/communications
- Troubleshoot problems, test, & work with business to resolve issues.
- Translate business needs into requirement specifications to outside vendors
- Leverage business knowledge & expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Provide guidance & training to business teams on the future capabilities of the Workday & adoption blueprint.
- Coordinate feature/function cases with Workday & perform Workday Release tasks (2x per year)
- Design & develop custom reports as required for business users & senior executive management
- Partner with Corporate Technology to streamline system integrations & enhance existing business processes
- Log, route & maintain tickets in ticket tracking system
- Act with speed, while balancing quality & compliance
Experience/ Skill Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- 3+ years hands-on financial systems analyst experience required.
- 1+ year of Workday Financial systems experience required
- End to end implementation experience including project management, issue management, communication & change management. Experience with JIRA a plus.
- Day-to-day production support of live Workday environment a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Financial / Accounting principles & best practice
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, & problem-solving skills
- Must be a skilled communicator, with well-developed verbal, written & presentation ability.