Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate & challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing & building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join & while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
The Global Head of Category Management is at the heart of ensuring we have strong customer-value-proposition across the on-demand grocery function. You will build & lead a team of people to build the best possible tools & processes to ensure that our product & pricing are the most compelling in each of our markets. You will set global strategic guardrails & requirements & work with local markets to localise these structures to suit each market & each type of partner. You will also work with a remote team of people tasked with managing menus & core data to ensure that execution of your strategy is seamless. You will build the necessary competitor benchmarking capability & communicate recommendations to partners & senior leadership.
What youll be doing
- Developing & own the selection pillar of the on-demand grocery customer proposition
- Developing & refining a data-driven model & framework for understanding what good Grocery Partner selection looks like (i.e. what Brands we have in what areas)
- Identifying gaps in selection (including new launch areas)
- Prioritising Brand/ Partner roll-out plans to fill these gaps (including new launch areas)
- Creating selection prioritisation hierarchy by managing a team of analysts & data scientists
- Building robust competitor benchmarking capabilities & tools
- Managing a team who will own & continuous refinement of ranges/ menus
- Ongoing assessment of menu performance (i.e., ranges), identifying opportunities for improvement & proactively making constructive, data-driven recommendations
- Creating automated tools to make recommendations & drive decision making
- Designing & executing tests based on structured plans, desired outcomes, & robust methodology
- Managing monthly & quarterly range reviews with highly structured, specific, & analytically-driven evaluations & recommendations
- Managing a team who will own, develop & improve the price pillar of the customer proposition
- Developing & refining the framework for understanding our price & value proposition
- Managing analysts/data scientist who will develop algorithmic pricing models & engines to maximise both profit & conversion/retention
- Defining overall pricing strategy & experimentation processes
- Analysing various data sources & benchmarks to create best-in-class tooling to inform real time pricing analytics & engines
- Defining the strategy for pricing & promotion for Grocery on Deliveroo
- Managing monthly & quarterly pricing reviews with highly structured, specific, & analytically-driven evaluations & recommendations
- Managing an offshore team that will oversee data intake & quality control:
- Uploading product descriptions & imagery
- Cataloguing competitor benchmarks to run comparative analyses
- Recording all necessary identifying information (e.g., bar codes)
- Bachelors degree in a technical field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience as a Category Manager or related experience for a grocer is essential
- Experience leading cross-functional teams is essential
- Experience in delivering recommendations from data analysis
- Experience presenting to senior stakeholders & owning outcomes
- Experience influencing in a matrixed organisation
- Experience working cross-functionally to deliver projects
- Resourceful, action & detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Start-up mentality with a love for both getting deep in the detail & driving top-level strategy
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient & accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when & where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy & ownership, & we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.