Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that forms strong bonds between people & the brands they love. We empower brands to humanize their connections with customers through technology, resulting in better experiences & increased retention, lifetime value, & ROI. Teams use Braze to deliver highly personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, & devices. This is made possible by our stack, which is located at the core of a modern marketing technology ecosystem.
Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named VentureBeat Omnichannel MMAs Best Bet, a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, & #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
Were on the hunt for a seasoned player to head the Braze Communications team in the NYC office to help push Braze PR to the next level. You & your team will have a measurable & growing impact on company owned/earned impressions & overall OKRs.
WHAT YOULL DO
As the communications lead, you will drive strategy to distinguish Braze from competitors & elevate the companys reputation as an innovative thought-leader within the customer engagement space, while raising awareness globally, amongst both digital-first & enterprise companies. Youll partner with the companys leadership team to position Braze for its next decade of success & growth.
- Motivate, mentor, & grow a team of creative, innovative communicators
- Identify & leverage macro trends to inform & position business narratives
- Create multi-layered communications plans to amplify these narratives across the right mix of traditional, digital, social, & earned media
- Use business & product fluency to uncover differentiated media angles of interest for pitches
- Build admiration for the brand through award recognition
- Elevate exposure & profile of senior executives through earned speaking opportunities, byline placements, & high-profile pitches
- Analyze initiatives for performance against key results
- Assess & build future state plans based on corporate growth needs
- Collaborate productively with other Braze teams within marketing (Lifecycle, Operations, Creative Studio, Content Studio, Regional, Experiences); outside of marketing (Leadership, Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, Business Insights, Product, People); as well as globally supporting our teams in London & Singapore.
WHO YOU ARE
Youre a positive, sleeves-rolled-up leader & practitioner who thrives on navigating the shifting priorities of a rapidly evolving tech space. You pride yourself on being a nimble strategist & an articulate communicator (written & verbal, internal & external), & relish change as an opportunity to blaze new trails.
- Experience with a range of comms, from promotional & earned media opportunities to corporate & crisis comms
- Must have an executive presence being able to provide strategic counsel/recommendations to senior leadership
- Experience or comfort with oversight of external agencies
- Exceptional communication skills (Impeccable writing & editing skills)
- Proven track record of building & motivating effective teams & fostering individuals career development
- Facility with data
- Active interest in & curiosity about the evolving MarTech industry. Journalist relationships/experience a plus
- Previous experience in B2B tech a plus
- Experience with measurement technology, such as AirPR
- 10-12 years experience
WHAT WE OFFER
Our aim is to foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, can achieve work-life harmony, & have an opportunity to excel in their careers.
- Excellent medical insurance & life insurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401(k)
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance work & life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.