The Core Services team is looking for passionate backend engineers to build & scale our data privacy & protection platforms solutions. We are looking for a senior level software engineer with experience executing complex projects & able to explain coherently what their systems do & what their roles played in those projects. We are also looking for work experience in large-scale distributed system design; hands-on with delivering high-quality code; & excellent written & verbal communication skills with diverse teams (engineering, management, GRC, & legal).
If you are a server-side engineer who enjoys taking ownership of product initiatives & carrying them from concept to production, we want to hear from you! You will report to the Core Services Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Design & implement distributed systems & components to help data governance policies & procedures.
- Own complex projects that span across multiple teams & work with partners from different departments.
- Write server-side code, create high-volume production applications, & develop prototypes quickly.
- Work with GRC to ensure compliance with present & future regulatory needs.
- Identify opportunities for improvement at Squarespace where data does not meet regulatory compliance needs & work with Engineering to remedy that.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing well documented or self-explainable, readable code).
- Contribute to the team & company standards.
- Mentor junior team members.
- 5+ years industry experience developing software using Java.
- Experience developing large-scale distributed systems & working w/ microservice architecture.
- Experience with web application development & RESTful API development.
- Project management & software lifecycle management skills.
- Understanding of database schema design, caching & scalability. Experience with SQL.
- Experience with queues & stream-processing technologies such as RabbitMQ & Kafka..
- Knowledge of privacy issues, regulations & policies & their differences between distinct regions (US, EU, etc.) - a strong plus
- CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT, DCPP, CDPSE, HCISPP or equivalent from a well-regarded certification authority - nice to have.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class