--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding. We will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
This position can be based out of our NYC headquarters, or remote within the United States.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a strategic & hands-on leader with proven experience developing & executing on impactful DEI programs at a global scale. You're a thought partner, a change agent, & a consensus builder. You're not afraid to challenge the status quo in order to inspire new ideas & perspectives. You're drawn to mission-driven companies that strive to make a difference.
You're innovative at your core. You know how to execute on tried & true DEI strategies & best practices, but are always thinking about the next new way to foster a stronger, more inclusive work community.
You thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment & you can't wait to bring your expertise & help Dataminr continue to build a culture where all employees feel valued & empowered to do their best work.
As our VP, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI), you'll report to the Chief People Officer & lead all DEI programs & initiatives globally at Dataminr. You'll partner closely with senior leaders & People team leaders to build & scale programs that promote equity & inclusivity, strengthen our leadership capability, & help us attract & retain the best talent.
- Be a leading voice for DEI at Dataminr by developing, driving, & communicating a global DEI strategy aligned with business objectives
- Provide thought leadership, strategic planning, coaching, & education across departments globally to infuse DEI principles & practices into our programs & drive key outcomes
- Act as an advisor to our Executives, Leaders, & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborate with our People Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, & Compensation & Benefits teams to ensure that our internal mobility, promotion, TA pipeline, & compensation practices promote diversity & equity
- Help to further develop our Employee Resource Groups by providing leadership & support that celebrates diverse perspectives & experiences & strengthens our internal communities
- Manage quarterly & ad hoc social impact partnerships & charitable giving initiatives
- Collaborate with People Team to drive our core talent management processes to support business leaders in assessing & developing their talent & maximizing the effectiveness of our performance reviews, 9-block talent reviews & calibrations, & individual & team assessments
- Leverage engagement survey data & employee feedback to develop & deliver programs that foster behavior change & growth for leadership & high potential talent
- Generate metrics to evaluate effectiveness, ROI, & inclusivity of programs thus allowing us to measure their impact & identify insights that will drive continuous improvement
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 10-15 years of experience in strategic, operational, and/or program management roles with a demonstrated track record of success & meaningful impact
- At least 5 years of experience working with leadership & executive teams to plan & implement strategies that resulted in a more diverse, equitable, & inclusive workplace community
- Deep knowledge of DEI programs & best practices, & experience designing talent programs & initiatives that result in measurable progress
- Experience successfully driving change management in a complex, changing global organization
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience with the processes of recruitment, hiring, promotion, & retention of people from historically underrepresented groups
- Ability to navigate difficult & complex conversations & communicating critical messaging
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with a high level of emotional intelligence
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company-paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.