The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
Our Senior Systems Engineers design the underlying infrastructure that powers the Yext Search Experience Cloud platform. This means adapting the best open-source & commercial software into an infrastructure architecture that our Software Engineers can utilize to develop the Yext platform. A Senior Systems Engineer - Cloud designs the environments in which our Software Engineers develop the Yext platform. Our main charge is to develop reliable, predictable, reproducible, transparent, & secure infrastructure, & to advise our Software Engineers on how to best utilize it.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement & operate our production infrastructure
- Utilize and/or develop automation tools
- Optimize system performance for our applications
- Plan for capacity requirements in a growing environment
- Develop policies for full system life cycles across all stacks
- Participate in an on-call rotation
What You Have
- Bachelor's degree or similar college level education in a field relevant to large-scale technology systems
- 5 years of work experience in a large-scale SaaS or software development environment
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of AWS, GCP or Azure
- Knowledge of configuration automation tools
- Version control systems (Git, Mercurial)
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, Go, Ruby, C)
- Basic understanding of software development practices
- Commitment to documentation & knowledge-sharing
- Good communication skills, & the ability to interact effectively with other Engineers
- Web Serving (haproxy/nginx/apache/etc.)
- A background in security
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Service location systems
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.