Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a motivated, data-driven & results-oriented self-starter who is passionate about Growth Marketing to join our Revenue Marketing team. Our key focus is to accelerate Self-Service revenue across the entire customer journey - from new customer acquisition to retention & cross-sell / upsell. With a portfolio of hundreds of thousands of paying customers, you will lead insights at scale to find new user growth opportunities across Self-Service customer journey by helping more of our customers to discover the value of DigitalOcean through engaging, differentiated experiences. The focus will be on delivering engaging experiences for key high-value strategic initiatives & facilitating & enhancing Revenue Marketings ability to engage with new audiences in new ways.
You will lead experimentation for the team, driving improvements in user acquisition, engagement & long-term growth at scale by measuring & optimizing new channels, platforms & strategic marketing initiatives - with a specific focus on helping our team identify key product & marketing levers for user growth - backed by systematic testing & optimization.
As a Data Scientist, your mission is to turn our data into insights & gain a deep understanding of our users to impact the strategy & direction of DigitalOcean. You will study user behavior, marketing strategies, markets, content, new features & bring data & insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact how we think about user growth & how we can make DigitalOcean available & accessible for more people in the world.
What Youll Be Doing.
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract insights that will help drive DigitalOceans strategy across the user funnel
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, product, engineering, design & user research to propel DOs customer growth forward
- Drive end to end execution of data science projects, from experimental design & analysis of test results to building predictive models & assisting engineers to productionize the model
- Establish & maintain a culture of rigor & curiosity to drive tangible business impact
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven experience with:
- Large-scale data sets in both structured & unstructured formats
- Causal inference & experimentation, time-series analysis, & building predictive models related to churn reduction or revenue expansion
- Helping engineering teams move models from prototype to production
- Experience with growth marketing for a tech company preferred
- Coding skills (such as Python/R & SQL) & analytics tools experience (Segment, Looker, or similar tools)
- Capacity & passion to translate business objectives into actionable analyses, & analytic results into business & product recommendations
- Experience with international markets, growth marketing, web platforms or content marketing a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!