KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technologyevery process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Technical Director Steel Products
The Technical Director Steel Products will lead CFS engineering & technology development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead development of technology, engineering & manufacturing capabilities, for construction utilizing cold-formed steel (CFS)
- Build technical, engineering, & applications team
- Develop & optimizing design & processes to support & execute CFS strategy
- Identify & qualify critical CFS suppliers & solutions providers
- Develop & promote the application of CFS within Katerras family of products
- Availability to travel +25%
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Mechanical or Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited University
- 20+ years of experience in the CFS business for building applications
- 10+ Years of CFS product or business management experience
- 10+ Years of design engineering experience in CFS
- Deep understanding of CFS applications/economics in multitenant markets
- Knowledge & experience with architectural, engineering, & manufacturing tools, build cycle, applications, & technologies, specifically related to CFS ecosystem.
- Experience leading across functions ranging from design, engineering, operations, construction, logistics, procurement, & sales.
- History of winning through collaboration.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Graduate Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, ABET accredited university
- Professional Licenses (PE, SE, etc.)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.