Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
Youre excited by working on problems at the heart of the home buying & selling experience one thats slow & in desperate need of disruption. Building long-lasting & high-quality client relationships are integral to your day-to-day work. Youre a reliable operator with an analytical mindset, eager to roll up your sleeves & drive innovation in the industry.
What Youll Do Here
You will be heavily involved in the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced, high volume, residential escrow & title insurance agency. Your efforts will directly impact the success of our Arizona transactions & branch as a whole.
- Examine & verify titles.
- Search real estate records.
- Summarize legal or insurance documents.
- Compile lists of mortgages, contracts, & other instruments pertaining to titles by searching public & private records for law firms, real estate agencies, or title insurance companies.
- Search, analyze, & evaluate records relating to titles of homes, land, & buildings.
- Ensure that the title to a property in question has no restrictions that may prevent or hinder its sale or use.
- Issue title insurance, acquire rights of way, buy & sell property, grant mortgage loans, & obtain & protect mineral rights.
- Search public & private records for law firms, real estate agencies, or title insurance companies.
- Examine deeds, deeds of trust, liens, judgments, easements, Surveys & plats/maps to determine ownership, encumbrances, & to verify legal descriptions of property.
- Prepare property reports & title commitments.
- Analyze chain of title & preparation of reports outlining title-related matters.
- Examine title reports from outside abstractors.
- Be able examine lot & block residential & metes & bounds descriptions for commercial properties.
- Understanding & using plant software.
- 5+ years directly related experience
- Strong detail / quality orientation
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Strong MS skill set
- Knowledge of legal terms used in title documents
- Able to read & decipher legal descriptions relating to title orders
- Able to review Surveys & decipher next steps for underwriter
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required.