Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Were looking for an Enterprise Account Manager to support the growth & success of an exciting new business within Meetup. The Enterprise team connects the thriving communities on Meetup with companies (e.g. brands, service providers, recruiters, etc) who wish to engage with them through a brand new sponsorship offering. Enterprise interviews both organizers & potential sponsors to understand their wants, needs & interests so we can pair them together in a way that bring new forms of value to all. The particular area of focus for this role will be selling sponsorships to recruiters to help with their talent acquisition efforts.
Reporting to the Head of Sales & Account Management, Enterprise Account Manager is responsible for bringing the first sponsors onto Meetups new sponsorship program in a manner that drives delight for organizers, sponsors & Meetup as evidenced by repeat sponsorship.
- Partner with the Enterprise team to figure out the best ways to identify, qualify, pitch, close & onboard recruiters as sponsors on Meetups new sponsorship program
- Determine the characteristics of the ideal sponsors, the most compelling value proposition & messaging to attract them, & most effective ways to match them with prospective sponsors.
- Interview organizers & sponsors to help develop the packages, pricing & business model for this sponsorship marketplace
- Manage expectations, deliverables, processes, & tracking to facilitate sponsored events which delight all parties & get them to indicate interest in doing it again
- Partner with the Enterprise team to figure out how to scale our recruiter sponsorship model
- Partner with Business Strategy to identify & measure KPIs & maintain a financial model which identifies key growth levers & forecasts performance based on critical assumptions & performance metrics
- Partner with Product to identify & build light internal development solutions to generate leads, convert & onboard sponsors, & drive repeat sponsorship
- Help the team expand from recruiting to additional verticals
- A people person: 3+ years of previous account management / customer success experience & are comfortable working with everyone from C-Suite executives to interns
- An Innovator: Experience developing & scaling a new business, either at a start-up or within a larger company
- An educator: you are able to coach organizers & sponsors on Meetups new sponsorship program
- An entrepreneur: a self-starter who has a high sense of urgency & can work within undefined processes
- An articulate communicator with a strong attention to detail: from in-person to phone calls, to emails - you get the right point across in all situations
- An experimenter: youre comfortable trying out a number of different tools & processes in the short term that will get ironed out as the team scales
- Someone who is detail-oriented: youre highly organized & can handle lots of sponsors with ease
- Background in project management, formal or informal not required but preferred
- Background in Community or Experiential Marketing not required, but preferred
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?