Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students & recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 3rd – August 9th & allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry & explore an area of interest. Interns are placed within specific publishing groups on either the adult or children’s side of the business based on interest, experience, & academic coursework.
As an HBG marketing/publicity intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals & gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, & attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking & career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, & written communication skills
- Enthusiastic & excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude & a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team & contribute insights
- Resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities & work independently
- Must be results driven, & take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What you will learn:
- Assist with galley & review copy mailings for Fall titles
- Update the publicity databases
- Write early drafts of press releases, galley letters, & pitch emails for upcoming titles.
- Assist with summer author book signing events, as needed
- Create press & marketing materials
- Work on publicity schedules & tours
- Create media & marketing lists
- Work with advertising programs, copy writing, digital marketing, & social media
- General administrative duties
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter. Please note that you are responsible for your own housing during the duration of the internship.
Cover letters should specify which publishing groups you are interested in exploring. To learn more about our groups, check out our website: https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/imprints/.