Vice President, Cloud Software
Peloton is looking for a Cloud Software leader who will be responsible for setting the strategy & execution of backend software & services that power every user experience across Bike, Tread, mobile, web, & TV in four different countries. The team helps users take live & on-demand classes, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, personalize experiences, take part in challenges, discover new music, & much more.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Product Software Engineering, this leader will help drive the product roadmap to fuel Pelotons double-digit growth & market expansion. The Vice President will serve as a transformational technical & people leader providing insights to the executive leadership team on technology advancements for our backend software, ensuring automation & process scalability is at the forefront of strategic conversations, & building & leading a world class technical team.
- Hire & develop the best: The role will manage & grow the tech team. You will build out the team, develop leaders & coach software development lifecycle best practices. You'll need to excel at hiring & developing your technical talent. You will be both a technical leader & people manager.
- Set a vision: you will build a vision for the Peloton backend services, including architecture & system design. You will set a roadmap & deliver short term & long term wins that support Peloton's position as the leader in Connected Fitness.
- Drive Scale: you will lead the software engineering teams managing, building & scaling our product services & will focus on driving scalability, stability, & reliability. You must understand the demands of managing a 24x7 application at large-scale. This leader must be capable of scaling themselves & their team to meet the ever-increasing demands of a fast-growing business.
- Operational excellence: You will champion engineering & operational excellence, & establish metrics & processes to reduce tech debt.
- Prioritize well: This leader must have the ability to easily switch between weighing in on complex engineering details, taking a long term view of the business, growing & developing the next generation of leadership, & overall operating as a large-scale organization leader. It requires an ability to prioritize work for the direct team & partner teams, establish goals, & focus attention on the most important inputs to drive the desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate: you will collaborate with other parts of the Peloton Engineering team to produce & support tech solutions for a variety of Peloton's business practices.
- Influence product strategy: you will partner closely with the Product Management & Platform teams to develop a roadmap that balances short term deliverables with long term scalability.
- Think big: Internally, this role will inspire the organization to think differently & innovate. You will provide thought leadership & collaborate with colleagues to develop Peloton's eCommerce platform as best in class.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of experience on backend software & service development including 10+ years of hand-on technical management
- You have led a tech team for a business that has achieved significant scale over a short period of time. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to build & operate software systems & services at scale.
- Deliver Results: You must have a strong track-record of delivering products.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups & executive teams.
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team & stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, & you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire & develop the best: you value coaching your team & developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent & moving them through the organization
- Passionate self-starter, decisive & able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Data driven - you lean on data to make decisions & when you don't have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights
- You are a builder- you like to invent on behalf of customers. You are comfortable working with ambiguity.
Peloton is building the best place for team members from every walk of life to grow their careers. Peloton is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, marital or caregiver, or veteran status. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.