About the right team member:
Youre looking to develop your skills, learn & grow while helping to build the financial infrastructure of a rapidly scaling FinTech firm. Youre a high-energy teammate looking to work across functions & solve problems.
At Betterment you will get to:
Assist the Accounting team in both day-to-day operations & long term responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Identify process-related issues & problem-solve to build new procedures
- Play key role in our annual external audit process
- Collaborate with the accounting manager to build out & account for revenue transactions
- Assist in the month end close & financial reporting processes
- Oversee vendor procurement & expense reporting
- Support the administration of the companys multi-state payroll process
- Perform additional ad-hoc requests which arise throughout the year
You will be effective if you have:
- A demonstrated ability to work independently & meet priorities in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills
- A proficiency with Microsoft Excel & a general understanding of accounting technology
- A self-starter with a inquisitive mind & meticulous attention to detail
- An understanding of financial statements & the importance of financial accuracy
Bonus points if you have:
- Have or are working towards a CPA license
- Have experience/knowledge of FinTech companies & the greater financial services industry
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $16 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.