The Sales Strategy & Planning Analyst will focus on identifying & driving operational & strategic improvements that lead improved sales processes & help drive supply analytics, coordination/project management, process improvement, inquiry management. Responsibilities will range from strategic (e.g. designing compensation plans aligned to company objectives & strategy, driving analyses to redesign & optimize our Sales models, recommending on headcount & opex investments) to operational/tactical (e.g. setting goals, driving plan implementation & ensuring effective reporting). Youll work cross-functionally between our sales, partner management, operations, product, & strategy & operations teams to manage a team of rockstar operators to help make our sales organization the most productive in the space.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Oversee Sales piloting & testing
- Manage cross-functional projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations & BD teams to improve the merchant experience & achieve targets
- Build models to evaluate the economics, value, & opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to multiply rep productivity
- Design initiatives to amplify team performance & productivity; work with cross-functional teams to drive execution
- Define & manage the development of tools, systems, & process used across merchant-facing teams
- Manage deal desk & pricing; drive agreement closure & deal terms compliance
- Partner with leadership to develop go-to-market strategy, define resource needs & allocation
What You Bring To The Role
- BA/BS Required
- Demonstrable track record of developing people & managing a team, focused on driving success for her/his team
- 3-5 years Sales Operations, FP&A, Business Planning & Analytics, in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Demonstrable strategic thinking & problem solving ability
- Demonstrable project management & structuring ability
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity & ability to adapt to changing environment & needs
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & strong executive presence
- Highly motivated, with a sense of urgency & ability to deliver multiple tasks under pressure
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.