Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US & we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Senior Pricing Analyst role will have opportunities for outsized positive impact by enabling data-driven decision-making in how we price, package, discount & monetize our products to drive growth.
We are looking for thoughtful, daringly curious candidates who can dive into complex data, draw insightful conclusions, & build impactful models. As a member of a growing team, you will have a positive impact through a high level of autonomy. You will be comfortable conducting analysis of complex topics, bringing structure to open ended questions, & clearly & concisely communicating recommendations to partners across the organization. Most importantly, you are someone who is excited to challenge the status quo & push the boundaries of what's possible.
Our team values diversity in experience & backgrounds we do our best work when we build space for different voices & perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring to the table, we look forward to learning from each other!
What You'll Do:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (e.g., sales data, dealer behavior patterns & website usage) to understand the performance of our revenue strategy & find opportunities for optimization
- Drive detailed quantitative analyses using internal & external data to support pricing, packaging, segmentation, & discounting recommendations
- Conduct expert interviews, crafting & implementing surveys, & conduct competitive research using a wide array 3rd party sources
- Design robust pricing models for new & existing products, & the structures to adapt them over time. Design & implement tests to see what works & iterate quickly
- Communicate & present data analyses, visualizations, & insights to key stakeholders
- Partner with the sales, marketing, finance, product, & engineering departments to grow our business, including recommending & advocating for performance improvement ideas
Who you are:
- 3 -5 years of experience in data analysis (prior experience in pricing/revenue optimization, strategy consulting, or B2B sales a plus)
- Fluency in SQL & a scripting language required (Python strongly preferred)
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Comfortable working with new datasets & collaborating with analysts & data engineers to ensure reliability of their analysis
- Able to bring structure to open ended questions, & provide analytical answers to complex questions
- Strong written & verbal communication skills: able to communicate recommendations clearly & concisely to partners across the organization
- Track record of getting up to speed on new analytical tools (prior experience with Looker, Git, dbt, Tableau, Salesforce)
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning & development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks & benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, & more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & visible automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring their true expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.