BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Were sniffing for a Product Designer Manager in our New York City office to be a player coach for our growing design team. As a Product Designer Manager at Bark, you will use your expertise to lead & mentor a team of designers & help evolve the user experience & product vision for our existing & future product lines. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader for the team, but will also still enjoy regularly rolling up their sleeves to design.
- Lead, coach, & mentor a team of designers.
- Collaborate, sketch, whiteboard, wireframe, deliver pixel-perfect deliverables, & iterate to learn how to improve our digital experiences.
- Produce product design UI deliverables for collaboration & handoff with Engineering
- Help lead evolution of our design system/s across different product verticals
- Bring a user-centered mindset to solve user problems through design
- Contribute to our design culture through thought leadership
- Conceptualize & design solutions that meet/exceed strategic objectives from various departments (marketing, platform, growth, margin, retail, etc.)
- Collaborate with team members to execute rounds of user testing to validate hypotheses & de-risk new features & releases with user interviews, moderated and/or unmoderated usability tests, surveys & screener creation, etc.
- At least 5 years experience working as a Product or UI/UX Designer with at least 2 years managing other designers.
- Strong portfolio including examples of elegant UI designs that showcase your user-centered design thinking
- Ability to produce elegant UI designs using industry best practices of typography, color, graphics, & layout
- Expert proficiency in commonly used visual design & prototyping tools such as Figma, Abstract, Adobe CC, etc.
- Superior verbal & written communication skills are a must (articulating design decisions, evangelizing design thinking, soft-skill team collaboration skills for cross functional teams, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments & technologies
- Experience collaborating on user research & usability testing (functional usability, A/B, user interviews, moderated/unmoderated, etc.)
- Experience w/responsive and/or mobile products
- Must love dogs!
- Experience with e-commerce or digital marketing is a plus
- Understanding of best design practices for WCAG compliance for Accessibility
- Confidence to bring new tools & fresh ways of thinking to the table
- Understanding of best, leanest ways to test & de-risk product assumptions before shipping, avoiding as much research bias as possible