WHO WE ARE
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, & listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, & recognized by The New York Times as The Next Wave of Unicorn Start-Ups. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
At Braze, we use technology to humanize connections between brands & customers. We believe human beings want to be spoken to like human beings, & technology like ours can help brands do that at scale. We are looking for an experienced writer to join our Content Marketing team to help ignite our sales pipeline & fuel our Demand Generation operations.
You will write search-optimized, informative pieces to help business decision makers discover our solutions, no matter where they are in the customer journey. The Braze platform allows our clients to take their work from basic to brilliant in how they engage their customers, & we need someone who will work across all departments to chronicle those journeys.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Collaborate productively with other Braze teams within Marketing (Lifecycle, Operations, Creative Studio, Regional, Experiences) & outside of Marketing (Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, Business Insights, Product, People) throughout the creative process from concept to production.
- Simplify complex & technical concepts into audience-engaging articles.
- Ideate story ideas to populate the editorial calendar based off of keyword research, product releases, industry trends, & client stories.
- Edit freelancer contributions when necessary.
- Drive our thought leadership blogging efforts.
- Contribute to external networks & publications.
- Become our industry expert on SaaS models & customer engagement.
- Ensure that brand voice is consistent across all content.
- Candidate must be on-site in NY
WHO YOU ARE
You are a seasoned B2B writer, with a strong understanding of the SaaS landscape. You have a knack for taking complex technical concepts & products & finding ways to explain them with clear & concise copy. You are well-versed in how content marketing works & are passionate about how important it is to the bottom line. You have a thick skin, an even keel, & thrive in a high-energy working environment.
- 5+ years of professional B2B writing experience
- BFA/BA in Advertising, Writing, English, or a related field
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates versatility & experience within a range of content formats
- Expert in buyer-focused messaging for a B2B audience
- Exceptional communication skills (impeccable writing & editing skills)
- Knowledge of industry tools (AP Style Guide, Word, GSuite)
- Knowledge of SEO fundamentals, including meta tags
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience writing for and/or knowledge of marketing, martech, SaaS & B2B
- Ability to prioritize multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously & with accuracy
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with HTML, CMS's, Keynote, or Adobe InDesign
WHAT WE OFFER
Our aim is to foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, can achieve work-life harmony, & have an opportunity to excel in their careers.
- Excellent medical insurance & life insurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401(k)
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance work & life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.