We currently have an opening for a Director of Compensation. Reporting to the Head of People, you will be responsible for the design, implementation & evaluation of the global compensation programs. This is a hands on role. You will be expected to both think strategically regarding vision & design of programs -- & also perform analysis & ensure compensation processes & other programs run smoothly. We are looking for someone with a strong background in broad-based & equity-based compensation, who is also passionate about analysis, program design, & teamwork. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic professional with a knack for getting things done & thrives in a very fast-paced environment.
- Partner with the People leadership team & executives to define & execute the total rewards strategy
- Lead the compensation function including base, short-term & long-term incentive compensation; semi-annual compensation review cycle; equity administration; market data survey participation
- Work with FP&A teams to forecast spends for anything compensation & benefits related
- Lead overall compensation planning for BuzzFeed from strategy to execution, including leading the annual compensation process
- Provide insight & leadership to team members & executives that will contribute to shaping the way we think about attracting & retaining the best people at BuzzFeed.
- Create & innovate compensation programs that meet the needs of our various functions, business areas, & growth
- Lead benchmarking, survey analysis, & analytics to elevate understanding of our competitiveness globally with a view toward evolving our compensation & benefits programs over time
- Manage, oversee & update as needed, our global compensation programs including cash, incentives, sales commission, equity & recognition
- Provide subject matter expertise & accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, & educate Recruiters, HR Business Partners, managers & executives on pay decisions, policy & guideline interpretations, & job evaluations.
- 10+ years of compensation experience; consulting experience a plus
- Experience in designing equity-based & commission-based compensation plans & programs
- Strong analytical rigor with the ability to effectively analyze data & create clear & comprehensive reports & recommendations
- Ability to lead & influence across multiple levels of an organization on key compensation topics
- Self-starter, independently motivated, leads oneself & others
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty & rapidly evolving landscape
- Excellent written & visual communication skills
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.