As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized bycom as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need someone special who can apply their experience to help us grow.
- An incredible change-the-world company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential & other leading venture funds
The past 12 months have been an exciting time for us. Our team has grown five-fold during this period & we now need a special individual whos looking to take the next step in their Electrical Engineering career to join our cutting-edge Engineering Team. The Electrical Engineer Power will act as a Subject Matter Expert for new & existing power distribution systems to the manufacturing plants.
- Designs cost effective electrical service systems for new installation & expansions.
- Develops plans to improve electrical transmission, reliability & safety.
- Manage assigned projects responsible for aspects of project management from feasibility, planning, design, construction, commissioning & handover & ensures that all key project performance objectives are met as well as delivering to the project schedule, safely, & within the budgetary limits.
- Analyzes monthly power usage & develops & recommends appropriate actions to ensure system reliability & efficiency.
- Defines the power needs & requirements for the existing & for the new facilities.
- Perform studies on renewable resources, distributed energy resources, battery energy storage, relay & protection, monitoring, & smart grid related applications using relevant industry standard software.
- Develops project cost estimates & ROI calculations for potential projects used for setting priorities & making decisions.
- Coordinate with transmission customers & interconnected companies on associated protection issues.
- Assists in development of the Power Management Systems & modern industrial SCADA systems for industrial facilities based on various industrial automation software platforms.
- Assists the operation & maintenance teams develop preventive maintenance programs to keep the equipment running reliably & at peak efficiency, trains Operations personnel on safety rules & procedures operating the electrical equipment.
- Prepare technical drawings, one-line diagrams, cost estimates & specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation & operations conform to standards & customer requirements.
- Collaborates closely with all cross functional project team members & stakeholders.
- Writes equipment specifications & requests for quotations.
- Assists other AeroFarms departments in assessment & choice of the sites & locations for the new farms.
- Works with cross-functional teams (or independently) to solve technical problems using appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Established FAT requirements for equipment & systems, attends FAT testing & approves equipment for delivery to the project site.
- Demonstrates leadership & commitment in the management of all health & safety related project activities, including communicating safety goals, establishing roles & responsibilities, & holding team members accountable.
- Is responsible for the establishment & maintenance of a secure site working environment, controlling risks to project activities, property & personnel from external factors.
- A Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering. Masters in Electrical Engineering or PE license a plus.
- 5+ years of industrial power distribution experience & in design of electrical & controls systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with codes & standards of NEC, IEEE, NFPA, ANSI & API.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience putting together complete design packages (schematic drawings, panel layouts, network diagrams, bills of materials) for purchase & assembly.
- Experience in troubleshooting, installation of a new equipment & writing maintenance documentation.
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, & proficient with MS Office.
- Travel requirements will vary depending on project location but will require full time presence on site during the project construction & commissioning/handover phases.
- Office environment requires the ability to sit & work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Physical requirements to work on projects may include lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Site visits may require the ability to climb stairs, walk long distances (more than 100 yards) & stooping, kneeling, or bending for extended periods of time.