Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 20 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a member of Treasury Operations, youll support day-to-day treasury banking operations, ensuring proper internal controls. Youll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across teams & provide solutions to complex problems. You will help us to ensure the success of critical operational functions, including cash reconciliation, transaction confirmation & cash positioning of the reserve. You will also participate in the development of related processes & lead projects to ensure alignment with Treasury objectives, primarily as it relates to cash & financial risk management. This role is an opportunity to work across business functions including Product, Customer Support & Engineering as well as other strategic projects across Treasury functions.
What you'll work on:
- Develop a deep understanding of USDC flows & any operational issues which may be experienced by Customers as relates to traditional banking.
- Analyze information by validating & building better reporting for all current & future fiat rails across our products - such as wires, ACH, cards, etc.
- Build strong working relationships & collaborate across internal & external teams to address & resolve USDC operational challenges.
- Collaborate with product & engineering to build-out critical tools, automate routine work where possible, & address longer-term or recurring issues.
- Support customer activities for fiat flowing through our platform & driving any open issues to resolution.
- Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes & reduce repeat issues by identifying common causes.
- Maintain up-to-date cash reporting & develop changes to process.
- Support cash management operations & help develop strategies to maximize efficiencies, safeguard assets & minimize costs.
- Evaluate internal controls to identify weaknesses & any associated risks, as well as make recommendations on how to mitigate those risks.
- Develop & maintain Operational processes through documentation updates & knowledge transfer.
- Support Corporate Treasury needs including Accounting, Accounts Payable, Stock Administration & other ad hoc requests.
- Performing bank account maintenance including bank account openings, closings & changes associated with the account, services or authorized persons.
- Support Accounting through month-end close, including reconciliations.
- Assist with Insurance renewal & related requests.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Macbook preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Treasury or related field - knowledge of Payments Industry preferred.
- Candidate must have a strong work ethic & excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Established ability to independently organize, analyze & interpret information to explain irregularities or trends; Attention to detail & high level of accuracy.
- Individuals should be comfortable problem solving with a driven attitude to improving standards.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities & use good judgement to establish order or priorities on the fly.
- Proven success at identifying & documenting key performance & risk indicators & can develop meaningful & insightful management dashboards & reporting.
- Ability to influence internal & external teams to resolve exception items & achieve organizational objectives on an expedient basis.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.