WHO WE ARE:
co:collective is a creative & strategic transformation partner for bold businesses. We're led by our deep belief that today's most successful organizations have an underlying purpose, one that is so central to their identity it influences everything they do, from how they show up in the world to how they organize internally.
At co: we design brands, experiences, organizations, culture & content for companies to transform who they are, how they act, & how they show up in the world.
We are deeply embedded in our clients' businesses & brands. We do not wait for our clients to come to us with problems or challenges to turn into creative briefs. We are constantly working with clients to identify challenges & opportunities - & turn them into action.
We're looking for an Associate Director of Business Development to quarterback inbound new business opportunities & continue to build our new business practice. We need a confident, organized, & strategic leader who can work with our internal & external partners & teams to design, drive, & execute all inbound proposal development for new business at co:collective. This is a high profile role within co:collective that will work closely with our leadership team as well as prospective & current senior clients.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the inbound & outbound proposal process to drive business development for co:collective, including collaborating with the Head of Growth & Marketing, Client Engagement Leads & Heads of Departments to design how we would work to solve the client ask, project timelines, project scope, etc.
- Manage multiple work streams at any given stage of the process
- Develop topline 'get smart' documents for internal briefings, including the ability to harness information quickly & distill them to relevant, key insights that answer for the RFP.
- Work with the Head of Growth & Marketing to execute on a strategic growth plan & ensure it's in line with the collective's strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. strategy, design, content, operations, leadership, etc.).
- Work with the Head of Growth & Marketing to actively manage co:'s business development pipeline
- Support Client Engagement Leads on the proposal team in development of statements of work
- Interface with senior client stakeholders to build a relationship & ensure a seamless process from first interaction to project awarded.
- Facilitate the hand-off from new business' to project team' once the project is awarded, including collaborating on the development kick-off documents for the project teams & helping the Client Engagement Lead manage final paperwork, including MSAs, final scope adjustments, etc.
- Manage the growth database, assets, & help to promote knowledge sharing best practices: case studies, content, team bios, & actively propose better ways to organize co:collective assets to facilitate proposal development & marketing efforts.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have experience in (and thrive in) an entrepreneurial environment.
- You're excited about working at the forefront of brand & innovation.
- You are looking for a high profile, highly visible role with the opportunity to make a massive impact within the organization as we continue to build the new business practice.
- You possess the ability to galvanize & motivate action: you work well with internal team members & your client partners at every level.
- You love process, but also know how to handle whatever is thrown at you on the fly.
- You have demonstrated an ability to think strategically & analytically about business, brand, & cultural challenges, & work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
- You know how to juggle multiple things at once with a natural sense of ownership, drive, & scrappinessYou have an eye for all things detail oriented.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE:
- Must have 5-6 years of experience in an agency, start up, or consulting environment.
- Proven track record of strong project management, from initial ask through execution on a wide variety of project types.
- Strategic inclination that gives you ability to meaningfully contribute to proposal development.
- Strong verbal & written communications skills with demonstrated ability to lead & work effectively across internal & external organizations in collaboration with senior stakeholders.
- Advanced degree is a plus, but not required.
With great work, comes great reward. We are a community of brilliant, ambitious, creative people committed to creating an ever evolving progressive work environment. In addition to a salary commensurate with your experience, our perks include unlimited vacation, performance-based bonuses, open seating, a generous parental leave policy & free snacks.
Our team is working remote for the first six months of 2021, but typically our team operates out of our Park Avenue office in NYC. You should be in New York or willing to relocate.