AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the worlds leading corporations & financial institutions. Leveraging AI & NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news & trade journals, & equity research. Founded in 2011 & backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors & Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting & disseminating key performance indicators; & by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for the timely & accurate preparation of complex external financial statements & all related filings as well as implementation & design of internal controls.
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience at either public accounting firms, large public organizations, or SaaS companies. Big 4 experience preferable.
- Previous experience involving the application of US GAAP & SEC reporting experience required. Previous experience implementing SOX controls is a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-tech, start-up, or similar company.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Workiva or other financial statement reporting tool is a plus.
- Organized, self-motivated with a growth mindset, detailed-oriented.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects & priorities.
- Ability to work independently & with minimal supervision.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced team environment with the ability to clearly articulate requests to cross-functional business partners.
What Youll Do:
- Prepare quarterly & annual US GAAP Financials, including footnotes & supporting schedules.
- Prepare monthly US GAAP adjustments to book to ERP system on a timely basis for the month-end close.
- Assist with external audit procedures for quarterly & annual US GAAP & foreign statutory audits.
- Conduct technical accounting research & document accounting whitepapers for complex transactions, technical issues, recent accounting pronouncements & other relevant complex matters that arise in the course of business.
- Develop & document accounting policies & manuals in accordance with US GAAP & coordinate with various departments to ensure compliance if necessary.
- Assist in the documentation & evaluation of financial & business processes in support of the development of internal controls & SOX compliance requirements.
- Assist & maintain primary statements, financial reporting schedules & footnotes by automatizing the process of generating a full set of financial statements (i.e., setting up financial reporting software, assisting in data migration between ERP & reporting tool, reconciling all data between each other).
- Assist with any ad-hoc assignments related to financial reporting, technical accounting, & relevant research. Support & back-up other members of finance & accounting as needed.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, & respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSenses commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, & termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances where a particular employee works.