Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women & men to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, ships to 125 countries, & has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.
We are looking for a Looker BI Developer who will provide business stakeholders, executive team & data scientists with Looker dashboards & models. Moda Operandi amasses a high volume of structured & unstructured data in multiple production systems. We strive to have one source of truth for our data & metrics. In this role, youll take ownership of the data that is available in Looker to the entire organization. In addition, youll assist in training & evangelizing democratization of data at Moda Operandi. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders & functional teams.
What youll do:
- Develop & own the LookML models as we grow & mature our use of Looker
- Apply best practices with regards to LookML models, looks, & dashboards
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather requirements
- Evangelize the democratization of data via training sessions & Looker hours
- Help in being an instrumental member of the Data engineering team with a focus on growing our data driven culture
What were looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience in LookML development with emphasis on e-commerce implementation
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with open source columnar clustered database such as Redshift or BigQuery
- Experience w/ one or more of the following relational databases: MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server
- Bachelor degree in such fields as information systems, computer science, mathematics & statistics.
- Statistical background a plus
- Experience w/ clickstream analysis
- Experience w/ very large data volumes (millions of daily events)
- Ability to communicate well across cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead training sessions
- Passionate about data & contributing to the growth of a data driven organization