About the Job
LiveIntent is seeking an experienced Legal Counsel who can work at the intersection of legal & compliance issues, data privacy, & business needs. The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand complex legal issues, presenting solutions & negotiate deals with LiveIntent clients. We are looking for a hands-on, resourceful person who is capable of building great relationships internally & externally while striving to achieve their best in the following areas:
- Identifying legal issues, providing analysis of enterprise risks, creating & implementing solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently.
- Provide data & privacy subject matter expertise to cross-functional stakeholders & departments including but not limited to, product, legal, sales & business development.
- Recognizing & elevating complex and/or controversial issues to senior management in a timely & effective manner
- Maintaining knowledge of the organizations operations & legal documents.
- Provide guidance & negotiate commercial agreements, addressing legal issues related to intellectual property, compliance, marketing, sale, licensing, & distribution of products.
- Advising, counseling & influencing business stakeholders on legal & regulatory matters associated with their commercial & functional operations,Product launch, marketing, & distribution strategies, leading & influencing business stakeholders regarding the resolution of potential & pending issues.
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments.
- Evaluates, leads, & drives accountability for GDPR (to the extent applicable), CCPA & future regulatory compliance work streams which span stakeholders in advertising, marketing, analytics, IT, & legal
- Leads awareness & training efforts as needed and/or required to increase employee understanding of company privacy policies, data handling practices & procedures, & legal obligations.
- Bachelors Degree in Legal Studies or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of direct data & privacy experience required, in-house experience preferred.
- Experience within the AdTech, Media or Publisher industries
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience drafting & negotiating complex agreements including those related data licensing
- Direct experience advising internal stakeholders on a wide range of data use matters.
- Experience advising on privacy & data security law & compliance efforts, including the organization & coordination of privacy assessments, corporate policies & processes.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal & external clients.
- Ability to make decisions & pivot quickly & fluidly, thinking practically & be solution-oriented.
- A practical & proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen & is confident, mature & calm under fire.
- Must be licensed & in good standing to practice law in New York.
- Ability to work independently & in a team environment.
- Willingness to take initiative & to follow through on projects.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
We support employee health & wellness by providing:
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision coverage
- Healthy daily snacksand beverages on tap
- Family-friendly environment with work/life balance
- Summer Fridays (head out early to enjoy the great weather!)
- Weekly in-office Yoga & Pilates classes
- Subsidized gym membership
- LiveIntent sports teams (softball, flag football, soccer etc)
- Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
We support diversity & growth within the company with programs & initiatives such as:
- Bi-annual performance & compensation review process
- Monthly Women with Intent meetings, focusing on fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion & empowerment by creating opportunities for women to grow individually & thrive collectively
- BID with Intent (Belonging, Inclusion & Diversity) focused on instilling diversity, a sense of belonging, & empowerment into LiveIntents culture, core values, & vision
- Book Club focused on reading & discussing career development-focused content
- Lunch & Learns with diverse speakers
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- Access to professional development courses through LinkedIn Learning & Coursera
- Annual global offsite week focused on team-building, training & employee recognition
LiveIntent, one of the worlds largest people-based marketing platforms, connects 2,500 publishing & advertising brands with over 250 MM verified people every month across all types of media. With the anonymized email address at the center of its industry-leading identity graph, LiveIntent provides brands with solutions that help them monetize, acquire, & retain real people, even where cookies dont work. LiveIntent enriches a brands data, making it possible for them to deepen their understanding of their audiences, & more effectively market to people wherever they are present & paying attention. LiveIntent is home to over 160 people worldwide with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Berlin, & Copenhagen.