Shutterstock is looking for top technologists to build our internationalization frameworks & localization features. Your work will continually improve the global experience used worldwide by millions of customers daily. At Shutterstock, developers work on small cross-functional teams that have a voice in setting their own priorities & work to build & deploy applications iteratively.
- Contribute to all aspects of the projects under the teams ownership, including design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, & uptime of the services.
- Play a major role in the development of key libraries, services, & tools within the Shutterstock ecosystem.
- Support the administration & development of Shutterstocks translation databases & keyword translation dictionaries.
- Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, & mentoring.
- Collaborate on the vision of supporting our users globally in their desired language throughout all of our tech stacks.
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Node.js, Python, Ruby, Modern Perl, PHP, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience working with Unicode data: input, processing, formatting, output.
- Experience in SQL & at least one RDBMS.
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO Design, & system architecture).
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests, & automated testing.
- Ability to craft simple & elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to clearly communicate to technical & non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about what you do & care deeply about the things you build.
- Experience working with translations in apps, sites, or services.
- Experience working with data localization: numbers, prices, dates, times, etc.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V