Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals & businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries & regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader Digital & Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best & brightest technologists with ambition & drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach & scale of Visa's payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity & you feel excited about joining & leading the revolution- come join us!
We are looking for an experienced Program manager (Director level) to combine successful software development process experience with effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, & technical skills. Reporting into the Senior. Director - RTP PMO, this Program manager will be responsible for all aspects of the development & implementation of assigned projects & scrum teams. The Program manager will be accountable for timely & high quality execution & delivery from original concept through final implementation. This position requires working with teams that follow Agile practices as well as traditional methodologies.
- Coordinate & facilitateprogram & project activities such as planning, analysis, execution, andpost-implementation support
- Develop integrated plans & schedules to track development progress & dependencies with other functions & external parties
- Drive the execution of deliverables across multiple teams & functions
- Coordinate work for geographicallydistributed scrum teams utilizing Agile/Scrum/Lean principles
- Proactivelyidentify andmitigate risks & issues, dependencies & impacts
- Provide timely & accuratereporting on program progress to all stakeholders
- Implement metrics to monitor team velocity & leverage tools like burn downs & capacity modeling to ensure the teams are productive & efficient
- Guide the team & organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices & principles
- Coach & mentor other program managers
- Work withproduct ownersto develop product roadmaps which align to business objectives andresource availability
- Interact confidently & collaborate with various stakeholders including Management, Product teams, developers, architects, operation & security teams
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts by providing input into a framework for program management aligned with modern agile, lean & design thinking practices
- Expert Knowledge of project management principles & Agile development methodologies
- Prior hands on experience working in a product development environment leveraging Agile practices.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment & manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations as required
- Ability to plan & prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to independently drive projects through to completion
- Meticulous follow through of issues & actions to drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Experience working with external third party vendors & integration partners
- Strong communication skills & the ability to work well with other departments & varying levels of management. Must possess the ability to dive deep into technical details with project teams & zoom out to understand & communicate the big picture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. Masters preferred.
- 10+ years of technical program management experience, working with engineering teams to develop Enterprise class software (project teams of 25+, budgets of $5M+)
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development & infrastructure tools, processes & practices, including Agile software development
- Expert knowledge of Project Management & SDLC principles & practices & agile frameworks. Hands on experience managing software development processes.
- Payment domain or FinTech experience is a major plus
- Excellent analytical skills & enthusiastic problem solver
- Strong leadership qualities & organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles
- Strong executive presence & experience advising & interfacing business leadership on technology related issues, excellent executive-level verbal & written communication
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix, global organization
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document & communicate technical & business issuesand solutions to appropriate organizational levels.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task & manage one's time.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business & technical issues & influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- PMP & CSM certifications are highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Clarity PPM & Agile tools such as CA Central (Rally), Confluence Wiki & JIRA strongly preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.