Away is seeking an enthusiastic & self-starting receptionist with front office management experience. This role is responsible for creating a warm & welcoming atmosphere for our guests. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment & is passionate about making everyone who enters our office feel at home & taken care of. An ideal candidate is approachable, friendly, organized, & has a hard working no task too small attitude. This is a great early job for someone interested in startups & passionate about office culture & operations. You will report directly to our Office Manager in our People, Process & Culture team, & will be based at our HQ in Soho, NYC. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for the position.
What Youll Do:
- Be the first point of contact for all visitors & represent the Away brand
- Create a warm & welcoming atmosphere for guests
- Receive & distribute all packages & mail
- Collaborate closely with the Office Manager to maintain & iterate on daily office operations
- Assist with supplies purchasing & inventory
- Maintain conference room calendars
- Develop, initiate, & implement an array of special projects to elevate the culture & improve the efficiency of our office
Who You Are:
- Organized & efficient with a high attention to detail
- Excellent guest/client service skills (front desk/reception or front-facing customer service experience)
- Reliable & punctual
- High level of responsibility & professionalism
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to anticipate guest needs & practice critical problem solving
- Can-do positive attitude
- Never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people.We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive.Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com)is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.