About the Team
The Analytics team is a critical function that supports data-driven decision-making throughout Harry's. The team is the central nervous system of the organization -- we make sure that data flows throughout the company, & everyone has the information they need to make better decisions faster. The analytics team thinks about data & insights from the factory floor in Germany, across our global supply chain, through the marketing we show our customers, to when the customer gets a package at their door or at their nearest retailer.
About the Role
Harrys is seeking a Data Analyst who uses analytics to generate & deliver insights that will drive improvements, uncover new truths, & enable smart decision-making across our sales channels. In this role specifically, you will be responsible for diving deep into our Retail performance. You will help us (1) optimize how we show up on the shelf in-store, (2) maximize return on marketing spend on retail marketing & trade programs, & (3) understand the whats, whys, & so whats of the competitive landscape.
Because our business is complex, we need someone with both a strong business acumen as well as excellent technical skills. Youll work with key decision-makers throughout the company, & also share your insights & recommendations with all levels of the business, including our CEO.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is a builder & entrepreneur -- someone who is excited about using data & analytics to push the whole company forward.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Own end-to-end analyses to answer important business questions using data. For example, you might:
- Run matched market tests to understand the impact on Harrys & retailer revenue from of various in-store marketing vehicles
- Build algorithms to identify, predict, & fix inventory & merchandising issues in-store
- Stand up dashboards, analyses, & tools for our growth marketing partners to understand & optimize the allocation of media dollars across channels & campaigns
- Measure how a retail / brand campaign created incremental revenue & profit across DTC, Retail, & other third party channels
- Help define how we measure & report out on performance, & regularly track & share the overall performance of the business to drive strategic planning
- Support the forecasting team in understanding variance vs. prior forecasts
- Identify analytics pain points & inefficiencies, & develop new tools & automated process to optimize & streamline
- Be a data-evangelist across the organization, sharing best practices & insights with cross-functional teams
Background & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Analyst or Business Analyst, or a background in Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Proficient Technical Skill - You are fluent in writing SQL, Python, or R to query & manipulate datasets, answer questions, & drive end-to-end complete analysis that help accelerate the business. You have a history of creating effective visualizations to clearly drive your point across to various stakeholders using visualization software, like Looker or Tableau.
- Math Wizardry - You love to geek out on numbers; you have a hunger to apply (or learn how to apply) statistical concepts & optimization models.
- Strong Business Acumen You think deeply about business strategy & profitability, & have experience translating the business ins & outs into data driven problems. You can proactively identify & investigate potential areas of opportunity with independence.
- Engaged Analytical Thought Partner You are excited about partnering with coworkers to figure out how analytics can solve problems. You are skilled in translating business questions into data analysis visions to execute. You are great at communicating in order to both fully understand someones business needs & to communicate potential limitations of your approach.
- Tactical Problem Solver You have experience boiling down medium & large scope data problems into measurable & achievable blocks of work. You have the foresight to identify & dismantle potential roadblocks ahead of time. Furthermore, youre pragmatic: you can identify & work on the most important problems first & you want to find the highest-impact lowest cost solution.
- Clear & concise communicator You know how to communicate complex concepts effectively & concisely & are comfortable presenting & debating in large groups. Were looking for strong data advocates who can plug into cross-functional working teams seamlessly & drive cultural pushes for the organization to become more data driven.
Values that might describe you:
- You like to solve problems - You push yourself to solve problems in novel, scalable ways so that you are never solving the same problem twice
- You are curious & a learner - You are always seeking to improve yourself & your team, & you love to learn new things while going deeper in the areas you know
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication & feedback
- You are infectiously optimistic - To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge. Hard things are hard, but you dont let that get in the way
Who you will work with:
- You will report into the Senior Manager, Harrys Analytics
- Within the broader Data org, you'll work most closely with the other data analysts on the team, & the data engineers that support our infrastructure
- Within the larger H org, youll work closely with our Retail team, Growth marketing leads, Brand leadership teams, & Finance / Operational Planning teams
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.