We believe a great employee journey begins the moment you walk through our front door. We expect our office assistants to create & support a professional, high-quality, well organized, & comfortable work environment for our employees & guests. We care about all the little things that can turn a good day into an amazing day, & were looking for someone who shares our passion for details. In this role, you will ensure that Pendo's Raleigh office runs smoothly, & provide a friendly & professional experience for our employees & visitors, as well as lend support to our UK executive team. The best candidates for this role will thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt to change quickly & gracefully, create & maintain order, pro-actively seek constant improvement, obsess over small details but proactively see the big picture, & wield a sense of humor. This position is based in our London, UK office.
Team Description (HM Drafts)
- Short description about the specific team this job description is for
- This will be created by the hiring manager OR someone with the organization
- Will need to be inputted by the recruiter
- Will create a sheet that houses all descriptions
- Added by recruiter as we hire for teams
- Provide administrative support in a variety of functions to Managing Director, including: maintain calendars, coordinate meetings, travel, conference rooms, catering, & other logistics as necessary
- Support broader office, including but not limited to event planning/coordination, external meetings, team building activities & community events
- Work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals & groups applying the 'whatever it takes' attitude
- Develop & maintain a broad knowledge & understanding of the companys operations & business objectives
- Manage day-to-day office operations while creating a safe, professional, welcoming environment for guests & employees; including maintaining community spaces, provision supplies, snacks & catered lunches.
- Staff the reception desk during standard business hours, & answer, screen, & promptly forward main office phone calls
- Manage facility vendor contracts, communications, UK office experience budget, & relationships to ensure accurate, prompt, & cost effective rendering of services.
- Work closely with the global office experience team to plan, coordinate, & streamline routine tasks to ensure a similarly consistent, & orderly presence in all offices.
- Process, receive, & deliver daily mail/deliveries/couriers, including processing paperwork for domestic & international shipments
- 4+ years of experience in office administration or similar equivalent.
- Customer service skills, proactive mindset, & professional demeanor
- Knowledge of office operations, facilities management, & event facilitation
- Experience managing calendar & travel schedules for VIP executives & guests
- Experience with current office software systems including G-Suite, Trello, Coupa & Expensify or similar software
- Knowledge of global office management best practices including international shipments, calendar scheduling, travel arrangements, & managing executive needs
- Experience in a startup or a high-growth, demanding work environment
- Self-starter with a strong sense of independence & ability to self manage
- Ability to be resourceful, proactive, efficient, & innovative when issues arise
- Ability to handle & prioritize multiple tasks in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment with speed & grace under pressure
- The willingness & ability to learn new things quickly & respond to feedback
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads & hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand & attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital & Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse & exciting set of technologies & clients & have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, & fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer & believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, & providing access & reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly & confidentially, as practical & permitted by law.