About this Role
Join the Quality Engineering team at Fandom & work with great people on delivering the best digital products for the exciting world of tabletop games! (D&D Beyond & Cortex!).
You will help us make next steps in realizing our extensive vision for Tabletop gamingbringing the most convenience, customization, & captivation to the TRPG community we can.
As a Manager of the Quality Engineering team, you should have a deep technical knowledge & experience to make the most of this role, to drive forward the architecture & design of existing & new systems & processes made to ensure all of our teams deliverables are of the highest quality with supreme user experience.
You & your team will research, implement & manage CI/CD & test automation infrastructure that will empower your Quality Engineers & the software development teams to deliver product features as quickly as possible.
You & your team will drive the Incident Management & Escalation process within Engineering as well as being a key stakeholder in setting quality standards.
You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with
This is an offer for those who dont mind working on evenings as we work closely with our team in the US. We will need you everyday till 6pm.
- Be the standard bearer for transparent communication & collaboration
- Lead the Quality Engineering team to meet key business goals on time with quality in mind.
- Focus your team on best practices & sound testing & automation approaches
- Clarify design & technical requirements
- Drive effective business, technical, & planning discussions
- Clearly communicate goals & project status to your team as well as the rest of the business
- Accelerate growth & development of the team & the team members
- Drive the hiring process for the Quality Engineering team
- Have hands-on QA & automation work
- Drive the research, development, implementation & management of modern test automation & CI/CD infrastructure
- Operate in an environment where you have a direct influence on product & technical decisions
- Work side-by-side with passionate people that have diverse skill sets
- Acts as the hiring manager for roles on their team.
- Coaches the engineers on the team, provides timely feedback, & works with their reports on their growth & career development
- 2+ years of professional experience managing and/or leading QA team(s)
- 5+ years of professional web testing experience
- You are creative, data-driven, resourceful & eager to learn
- You have a desire to make a significant impact & a sense of urgency
- Focused on code quality & automated testing
- Strong leadership, mentoring & coaching skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experienced with Python/Java
- Familiar with AWS products such as Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB
- Familiar with AirFlow
- Experienced in K8S solutions
- Passionate about growing your expertise in the following areas:
- Data Pipelines
- Data Warehousing
- Metrics Development
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Employee Interest & Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- A budget for education, training, & conferences
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Here are our Fandom values:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer