Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to help us build & support Mailchimp products. You can expect to develop new & existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, mobile engineers & quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process & product.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration & clarity. Youll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor that knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down, fixed them & maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as youll work with many folks in other locations), & also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you.
What you'll do:
- Set technical direction for & own the design & implementation of the overall system architecture & infrastructure
- Develop new & enhance existing features as well as investigate & resolve defects
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support & QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the teams documentation libraries, & providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define & adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, & design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, & prioritize work
- Embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in full-stack, frontend, or backend development
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision & cross-functional team discussions
- Youre experienced in designing & implementing application architectures & code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, & performant
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- Experience with React JS, PHP, Go and/or Google Cloud Platform
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.