Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership & enabling women to rent, subscribe to & purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
As the Staff Accountant, you will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of our growing Accounting team, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. Youll have an exciting opportunity to support the month end close for a fast-paced, extremely successful & high energy company.
What Youll Do:
- Support the month end close by preparing ongoing journal entries & accruals for revenue, expense & balance sheet accounts
- Maintain weekly & monthly schedules performing reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies & communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Review invoices, expense reports, & capital expenditures as needed to ensure proper coding & accounting treatment by Accounts Payable
- Liaise with business partners for proper accounting for accruals
- Assist in the preparation of support for the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Support the planning & budgeting team during the planning & budgeting processes by compiling ad-hoc reports & schedules
- Assist in special projects as assigned
- You have a Bachelors degree in accounting
- You have 2+ years of relevant accounting experience in either public accounting and/or relevant private industry experience
- You have your CPA license
- You are a highly organized detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment
- You have exceptional Excel skills & are comfortable with analyzing & manipulating large data sets
- You can execute & follow-through on multiple tasks simultaneously
- You have experience with a major ERP system preferred
- You have a strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.