Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate to join our Internal Communications team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As an Internal Communications Associate, you will support the Communications team to help develop & execute internal communications that inform & engage employees, & connect our team members to our mission, vision & values.
With support & guidance from the Manager of Internal Communications & team members, youll partner directly with teams across the organization, particularly People Team functions including People Experience, Learning & Development, & Total Rewards, to communicate key business & culture initiatives. Youll also work closely with the Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging team & our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to develop & execute a year-round cultural awareness campaign recognizing Heritage Months, cultural celebrations, & other observances, & support the DI&B teams educational efforts.
Youll be able to own & iterate on our standing internal communications forums like our weekly newsletter, Slack announcement channels, & Daily Thoughts - a forum for employees to share ideas, projects, & thoughts internally - to ensure employees are plugged into all things Oscar.
- Help create & execute an internal communications strategy to effectively share information across teams & offices & engage employees in a remote environment
- Execute internal communications & develop messaging for employees through a variety of mediums & channels (for example: email, Slack, video, talking points, FAQs, articles/blog posts, social media)
- Manage & coordinate regular, company-wide communications channels such as employee newsletters & employee-authored internal content
- Assist in the management & production of company-wide meetings, such as All Hands, leadership office hours, & other events
- Partner closely with the People team to develop internal communications strategies & materials for People Experience events, benefits, performance reviews, on-boarding, etc.
- Work closely with the DI&B team & our Employee Resource Groups to sustain a community thats welcoming & inclusive, & where all voices are heard & valued
- Provide support to the Communications Team on various key projects & initiatives
- BA/BS, preferably in a field like Communications, English or Public Relations
- 4+ years experience in communications - either in-house or within an agency
- Superior communication (oral & written, including editing) & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively & independently with equal strength
- Experience project managing & coordinating content for communications campaigns
- Experience working cross-functionally on logistics, content & strategy on events for internal or external audiences of various sizes.
- Proven culture ambassador; ability to inspire & contribute to the Marketing & Communications team culture, & Oscars culture broadly
- Ability to build effective relationships across an organization
- Experience in a high-growth & fast-paced environment
- Total Rewards communications experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.