Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love & get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 250,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 8 million patrons across the world. Were incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams & build passionate communities around them. And were just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, weve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. This is proof of the incredible power & potential of creators, & of building this explosive economy. Weve been funding the creative class since 2013 & have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV & Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Razs How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte & Sam Yam.
Our goal is to be the number one membership platform in the world for creators of all kinds. To help achieve this objective, we are seeking a Sr. Manager, Creator Acquisitions to work closely with our Head of Creator Partnerships & lead our Creator Acquisition team to bring & launch lighthouse creators onto the platform. This proactive leader will leverage their creator economy, people management, & dealmaking experience & resulting rolodex to build, mentor, & grow a team that will help educate the market about Patreon membership & the associated revenue stream that will fund their creative businesses.
What you will do:
- Lead & grow a world-class Creator Acquisitions team & collaborate with Patreons Head of Creator Partnerships to develop a qualified target list of lighthouse & strategic creators to pursue & partner with
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders within Creator Partnerships, the larger Go to Market department, & across Patreon to successfully launch Lighthouse & strategic creators membership businesses onto the platform
- Leverage industry contacts to open new relationships with agents, managers & creators in order to explore membership with their fan base.
- Develop an intimate understanding of a creators content history & current objectives to create bespoke pitches with Patreons creative team that speak to their unique needs.
- Work with data science to forecast earnings projections along with the network effects of the creator in question to aid in the development of partnership proposals.
- Leverage the tools necessary - financial incentives included - to help creators prioritize & accelerate the launch of their membership.
- Collaborate with the creator on their membership content strategy, including their supporting benefit delivery & tiers. If content production services are required, identify potential partners to help produce & manage accordingly.
- In coordination with Patreons creator success team, establish quarterly goals & determine the definition of success for the creator & their fans on Patreon.
- Negotiate term sheets & secure the support of Patreon legal to facilitate completion of the long-form contract.
- Collaborate with PR, marketing, creative & creator success to establish creator launch plans, incorporating all relevant physical & digital touch points - i.e., earned media; video interviews; paid & organic socials; billboards; podcast advertising; & events.
Skills & experience you possess:
- You possess 7 - 10+ years of partnerships experience at a talent agency, social media company, creator technology platform or a content production studio.
- You have 3-5 years of people management experience
- You have an intimate understanding of the creator economy, cultural shifts, & the technology platforms competing for market share.
- You know who the key influencers are across a variety of platforms & verticals.
- You have exceptional communication skills, both written & verbal.
- You know how to communicate different to talent, representatives, partners, peers, & direct reports & can context switch quickly & fluently
- You make a mean pitch deck in Google Docs, Powerpoint, or Keynote & are great at presenting to sell
- You are an excellent & experienced negotiator, always aiming to get the most & give the least, but never putting the deal or the relationship at risk
- You love to build things in a fast-paced environment & need little or no direction to do so.
- You dont see people management as the job, but rather as a way to free up your time to do the actual job
- You arent just a people manager - youre a creative & dealmaker who also manages
- You have a keen eye for talent, even if a diamond is in the rough
- You truly believe in the concept of Creator First
- You like to win & have fun doing it!
Projects you may work on:
- Building & managing a team of partnerships execs across a number of verticals
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing & highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, & rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors: