Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about scaling a growing People Team & offering a best-in-class employee experience.
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to work from our New York office located in the heart of Soho or remotely in the United States. Reporting to the Director of People Operations, this person will be responsible for executing aspects of the People Team function at the tactical level, including focusing heavily on payroll & liaising between the People & Accounting Teams. This role requires a high level of flexibility & attention to detail. The successful candidate will have proven experience managing a HRIS System (Bamboo, Workday etc.) & working knowledge of ADP. This individual will serve as our payroll subject matter expert & will manage global & regional implementation & administration of payroll policies & procedures taking into account relevant laws, policies & regulations. This role will offer the opportunity to work closely with all sides of the organization & participate in other People Team functions & related projects as needed.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Oversee the collection & submission of payroll-related data to service providers, employee query resolution, statutory filing requirements, payroll approvals & payment confirmations to deliver global payroll & other forms of compensation compliantly, accurately & in a timely manner
- Accurately maintain the company's systems of record including HRIS, payroll, benefits & external technology solutions as well as internal employee records
- Responsible for facilitation of new employee onboarding, including completing the identity verification & employment eligibility process as applicable, conducting new hire & benefits orientations, & providing access to company tools & resources from an HR, payroll, & benefits perspective
- Addresses employee relation issues timely & discreetly, & provides satisfactory resolution while balancing advocacy for employees with business priorities
- Support employees & managers regarding HR policies, procedures, systems & tools.
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in administering payroll & benefits; global experience a plus
- Technology literate, including payroll, HR & benefits-specific software (Bamboo & ADP a plus)
- Knowledge of basic HR, payroll practices, benefits administration & compliance or other related experience
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills & initiative through individual research & drive
- Excellent written & verbal communication, presentation experience (live & virtual), including strong execution & timely, thorough follow-through & follow-up of tasks
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!