Lets get to know each other
At Care/of, we take the guesswork out of feeling better by helping people build custom vitamin routines based on their unique needs. Whether its our personalized daily vitamin packs & powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins & blends with our retail partner Target, our products are backed by science & include a combination of highly-researched nutrients & traditionally used herbs. By providing honest guidance & better ingredients, we aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, Juxtapose, & Bayer. In late 2020, Bayer secured additional investment in Care/of giving it majority ownership. By joining forces with Bayer, we are able to expand our ability to connect directly with new & existing customers & elevate our unwavering commitment to science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, & sustainable practices.
Were excited to meet you!
What youll do:
You will support the development & execution of the People Team strategy & plans from an HR perspective. You will act as the primary partner to our fulfillment center team in attracting, developing, & retaining our team members. You will assist Managers & employees to appropriate guidance channels & act as a point of escalation for key People Team matters or issues that arise. A successful Junior People Business Partner acts as an employee champion & change agent. This position reports to our Director of People at our Fulfillment Center.
This role will be working onsite at our Fulfillment Center as a partner to our weekend shift team. The days of work will be Thursday-Sunday.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks,and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions).
- Owns the recruitment & onboarding processes of non-exempt team members at our Fulfillment Center, in partnership with the Operations team.
- Works closely with management & employees to improve work relationships, build morale, & increase productivity & retention.
- Consults with shift management on operational goals, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Conducts effective, thorough, & objective investigations & partners with the Director of People on determinations.
- Partner with managers for time & attendance monitoring & submission to ensure payroll accuracy.
- Collaborates with the greater People team across team-wide goals & projects.
- Partners with the People Team to build policies & procedures, & partners with shift management to ensure policies are adhered to.
- Partners with the Manager of Engagement & Experience on the development of Employee Programs, & leads the execution of Employee Programs for their shift at the FC.
- Promotes safety & the employee experience on site.
- Leads leave management tracking & COVID tracing & administration for their shift.
- Embraces & promotes Care/ofs values in compliance solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Associates degree required; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Experience working with a large non-exempt employee population, ideally in a warehouse, retail, or other shift-based environment.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee & union relations, diversity, performance management, & federal & state respective employment laws.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, & apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, & policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of Care/ofs People, processes, organizations hierarchy.
- Ability to be flexible & adaptable, & work through ambiguity in a fast-growth environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If youre submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins & powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected & building community.
- Socially & culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback & being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor & love; Recognize & stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental & physical abilities - in our work & beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Dont shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Dont be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality & the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, were committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential & support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, & inclusive space for our team to think differently & push the status quo is incredibly important to us; & we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, & how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate & will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability & require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.