The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending & generous PTO.
As a luxury retailer, we strive to maintain high standards in our retail environment. Visual Shopkeeper will increase sales, get buyers attention & provide an exceptional in-store experience. Under direction of the Associate Store Director & Director of Visual Merchandising, the Visual Shopkeeper is responsible for but not limited to the overall aesthetic & functionality of stores visual & merchandising standards. This involves receiving, distributing & merchandising daily delivery units, monthly display roll-outs (installation & breakdown), as well as visual & merchandising maintenance. As the chief point of contact for new merchandising initiatives, you will be responsible for communicating key information that is vital to the success of the initiative.
You will help train the store team about design concepts, visual display standards, & the proper maintenance of the overall merchandising efforts. By providing on-the-job training, feedback, & recognition, you will motivate other members of the store team to actively support visual merchandising brand standards.
- Strong eye for design at a luxury level
- Ability to excel in a high paced retail environment
- A well versed knowledge of Womens & Mens high fashion
- Energetic & collaborative attitude
- Problem solving & strategic thinker
- Strong communication skills
- Detailed oriented
- Management of any freelancers, artisans & outside contractors.
- Daily early morning product delivery distribution & merchandising.
- Liaise with various team members from ops, housekeeping, sales & management.
- Weekly store photo package & touch base with the Visual Director to review the specific locations successes & needs for improvement.
- Assist the Visual Director in sourcing local materials & contractors.
- Work closely with the Store Director to make sure all displays & merchandising are having a positive effect on sales & customer experience in order to maximize profitability.
- Assist with organizing, installing & dismantling all in-store events & workshops as needed.
- Early morning - mid day schedule with the occasional late night installation.
- Train & inspire new hires & temps on VM brand standards & maintenance responsibilities.
- Work closely with management & ops on building & architectural upkeep.
- 5-10 years of retail visual merchandising experience.
- Computer articulate including Google programs, excel, word, etc. Photoshop skills are preferred but not essential.
- Ability to lift & move up to 25 lbs
- Ability to work early mornings or nights & occasional weekends.