Pager delivers a doctor in your family healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors & other members of the care team together through text, voice & video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services & solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes & healthier lives. Started in 2014 & based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology & healthcare entrepreneurs who are determined to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Web chapter. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader to work in a high velocity, high impact environment & cultivate a growing team of bright, passionate engineers. Were looking for compassionate leaders who believe in leadership through service, by example, & with empathy.
Our growing team is composed of over 40 engineers with diverse backgrounds in mobile, web, backend & machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft & share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes dedicated engineers located in our New York City HQ & around the world.
- 6+ years of real-world development experience
- 1+ year of managerial experience
- Hands on experience managing a team of 4+ engineers
- High level of expertise in React.Js and/or Vue.JS
- Eagerness to remain hands on in development (80% managerial - 20% coding)
- Understanding of intersection of engineering, product, & business development
- Familiarity with reiterative processes, following roadmaps & reducing technical debt
- Strategic, independent thinker & mentor
NICE TO HAVES
- Healthcare experience
- Application security expertise
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics, etc..
- Previous experience with hiring & building engineering teams
OUR TECH STACK
- Vue.js, VueX
- React, Redux
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Hapijs, @hapi/code, @hapi/lab
- Jenkins, Drone, Cloudbuild
- Docker & K8S,
- AWS, Google Cloud
- IaC: Terraform, Helm
- Observability & Alerting: Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Native iOS
- Native Android
We strive for service oriented architecture (help us break the monolith!) & we try to adhere to open source development style/standards.
At Pager, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.