ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Growth Marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven, & creative thinkers who drive growth & engagement across all TheSkimms platforms & products. The Director of Growth Marketing will help drive & oversee our audience acquisition strategies across paid & unpaid tactics.
The Director of Growth Marketing will report to the Vice President, Growth Marketing, & an integral part of the broader marketing team encompassing Growth & Brand. Were looking for a talented growth marketer who has a proven track record of driving sustainable growth for digital platforms & properties. You will be responsible for driving audience growth strategy & managing a small but mighty team of growth marketing specialists who lead paid acquisition & audience development. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a fantastic people manager, & an excellent cross-functional collaborator who is excited to bring TheSkimms growth to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Partner closely with VP, Growth Marketing in the development, execution, & evolution of the audience growth tactics, inclusive of management & implementation of the paid media budget, forecasting, channel/vendor testing strategies, creative/messaging development, & performance benchmarks.
- Lead strategy & exploration into new acquisition verticals & tactics, inclusive of execution as needed.
- Collaborate closely with Lifecycle/Retention teams on collaborative program strategies that drive product adoption & user referrals.
- Work closely with our Audience Development Manager, help craft & further define an audience-first strategy to identify & establish sustainable, ongoing relationships with audience partners/platforms to hit our growth goals.
- Work closely with our Performance Marketing Manager, help drive vendor onboarding, creative testing & other optimizations (online & offline).
- Collaborate with the broader team & stakeholders to drive new diverse audiences to theSkimm properties.
- Work closely with direct reports to develop & refine creative & messaging that best articulates product value.
- Support client activation & campaign delivery with the Sales team. Work with the broader marketing team to develop consumer marketing goals for brand campaigns as needed.
- Actively contribute to the professional development of an ambitious, smart, & nimble team.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 7+ years progressive experience in growth marketing functions with a proven track record of driving growth in a digital media and/or digital-first DTC brand/company.
- 2+ years people management experience
- Hand-on experience managing & optimizing campaigns in-platform.
- Expertise with Google Analytics, Looker other industry-standard analytics tools.
- Strong eye for compelling & resonant creative & messaging for acquisition.
- Experience with audience growth partnerships, affiliates, distribution platforms, and/or other referral-based marketing relationships.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify trends & provide action-oriented insights.
- Strong experience partnering with technology & analytics teams.
- Passion for theSkimm's brand & products.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.