At Poppin, we believe that everyone, everywhere deserves to work happy.
We provide companies the foundation for creating inspirational workspaces through a unique offering of furniture, office supplies, & branded merchandise. Weve put a modern spin on a 100 year-old industry thats been slow to adapt to todays modern consumer. By simplifying the process, providing transparent pricing & discounts, & making our products available on demand, Poppin is able to offer a service unlike any other in the marketplace.
Poppin is looking for a highly motivated National Accounts Manager to support & drive profitable sales for Poppins wholesale business. Poppins wholesale distribution is highly curated, with emphasis on high quality growth of strategic partnerships with our select best-in-class accounts as opposed to seeking growth via new account acquisition.
In addition to direct account ownership to optimize key national retail accounts, this position will have cross-functional responsibilities working in partnership with other teams that support the wholesale business. This position requires high-level skills in P/L management, assortment planning, project management, excellent problem-solving capabilities, good people skills & tenacious attention to detail.
- Own day to day execution & account management for multiple national accounts
- Maintain customer satisfaction & nurture/grow existing relationships with national customers. Own the productivity of our in-store planograms & think strategically about assortment roadmaps to maximize sales, protect margin & maintain Poppins value to our retail partners
- Manage & mentor train junior team members on account specific work & professional development
- Partner cross-functionally with internal groups (including operations/logistics, demand planning, merchandising) to resolve supply chain issues & ensure we have the right products, in stock & delivered on time
- Take ownership on P/L impact of accounts & work with Poppin leadership to drive margin improvements
- Engage in analysis of sales data, product margins & program P&Ls & develop reports for costing strategy, financials, projections, & shipped/pending orders
- Develop merchandising, assortment planning & planogram strategies with our various accounts
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in hard goods wholesale account management retail merchant experience at a national retailer & e-commerce experience a plus
- A minimum of a bachelors degree required
- Experience managing a planogram-focused business (i.e. owning productivity of in-store real estate) as a wholesale account owner or retail merchant
- Strong understanding of Retail Math & the rhythms of national account management
- E-commerce experience helpful
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial, organized
- Capable of building strong working relationships & influencing customers & internal teams
- Strong proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint & experience with Oracle/NetSuite or ERP systems strongly preferred
- Self-starter, takes initiative & has a passion for customer service/satisfaction
- Strategic thinker who finds creative ways to solve problems & meet financial goals
- Willing & able to travel on an as-needed basis
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
Successful Poppin team members step up to the plate & work to get smarter every single day. Our startup ethos requires an all-hands-on-deck attitude (or, as we call it, work scrappy), taking on any & all changes with excitement & a great attitude.
We believe that working happy starts with embracing differences & that self-expression shouldnt end at the office. To that end, every Poppin employee is encouraged to be themselves & create fun every day. While we align our company goals on the changing needs of our employees, business, & larger communities, we remain consistently committed to creating an environment rooted in diversity, equity, & inclusion for all Poppin employees, partners, & customers.
Poppin believes in building an organization whose staff reflects the true diversity of our community. We are committed to hiring, promoting, & rewarding our employees on the basis of professional performance & results. Poppin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, partnership status, ancestry, disability, or veteran status.