Want to build a product that uses data to see & make sense of the future?
If you are a coding fanatic & passionate about programming, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our product & are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured & unstructured data & uses scientific methods to extract knowledge & insights from that data. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
As a Front End Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership & passion to form the future. Our crew uses state-of-the-art technologies & writes quality code that ships often.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white-hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative, teach & learn culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out & join CB Insights now!
- Develop reusable UI components in React/Redux
- Build FE features for our robust, data-heavy platform
- Help increase our average team velocity in ticket resolution & increase our team capacity
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team
- Consistently & frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable & tested within the agreed upon timeframe
- Participate in code reviews & sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges & share knowledge with colleagues
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of hands-on development with 1 year using React/Redux for a platform
- Experience with building React components that follow best practices & are performant
- Solid understanding of modern web application development processes & standard methodologies. Strong preference for this experience to include responsive design & front-end development on a consumer-facing application where usability is a first class goal.
- Believer in Lean & Agile values & principles for building software
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Helpful, Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
Perks & Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental & vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Happy, Helpful, Humble, & Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!