Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the Team
The Client Solutions Engineering team is responsible for prototyping, custom & interim solutions that help Foursquare go-to-market faster & meet the needs of our clients & partners. We work directly with clients & partners providing technical guidance & making sure they are able to use Foursquare products & data effectively. We are a high-impact team of developers working on the bleeding edge of the full suite of Foursquare products & data working closely with our Sales Engineering, Client Success & Product Management teams as well as with clients & partners.
About the role
As a Client Solutions Engineer working on our Ad Tech & Developer products you are instrumental to client success. You use your curiosity & persistence to troubleshoot SDK integrations, API behavior & internal workflows. You enjoy helping others solve problems & be more effective. You use your strong organizational & communication skills to help clients use our products - providing technical documentation, guidance & recommendations as needed. Your first-hand experience with clients helps you understand & advocate for client needs internally with product & engineering. This role can be based in LA, Seattle, New York or Chicago.
Responsibilities of the role
- Provide developers documentation to help them use our products - everything from integration & onboarding guides to FAQs & Postman Collections
- Act as the first technical point of contact - providing support internally & externally for Foursquare products & data
- Explore, develop & maintain custom solutions that help internal stakeholders & our clients use our products in new & exciting ways & enable our product team to gather early market feedback
- 2-3 years experience in Technical Support, Technical Account Management, Developer Evangelist or similar roles.
- 1 year or more experience with APIs, SDKs and/or mobile development
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (we use Python & Ruby primarily)
- Basic proficiency with Shell scripting & command-line utilities
- Basic proficiency with SQL (we use Postgres & Hive) or NoSQL (Mongo)
- Well-versed in reading code, technical documentation, & stack traces
- Experience with explaining technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- A degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with working across several teams (technical & non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- Experience with AWS
- An understanding of AdTech & Location/GIS industries & data
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.