BuzzFeed is looking for freelance writers who can contribute entertaining & well-researched pieces to BuzzFeed.com, though what we're taking pitches on can vary based on the season.
Writers should expect to pitch stories in the following formats: lists (with a minimum of 15 items in each list), how-to guides or explainers, super timely or trending news stories, interviews with experts, first-person stories about trying something interesting, & more.
- Pitch stories to fit into various coverage areas across BuzzFeed, including (but not limited to!) pop culture, trending news, & lifestyle.
- Ability to self-edit we will offer onboarding & light editorial guidance but expect posts to require very light editing.
- Take assignments from BuzzFeed editors at will.
- Previous experience writing lists and/or about topics BuzzFeed regularly covers
- The ability to find unique angles for major news stories
- Experience vetting & sourcing photos a plus
- Experience with SEO a plus
- Send your writing samples, press clips, & anything else youd like for us to see in Greenhouse.
- One-off pitches can be sent to email@example.com for consideration.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.