A lot of companies say theyre mission-driven. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, & welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors & collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporations staff designs, builds, & distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has expanded into a family of products that protects users & alerts them of risks.
Are you passionate about Privacy Protections & the Open Web? Do you want to ship software to a large user base? Do you want your contributions to have a positive impact on the world? Do you want to advance current browser architecture to make the web a safer place for users?
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & restricted. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support the Security & Privacy Team to advance the Firefox Web Platform.
What You'll Get To Do
- Implement anti-tracking features into the Firefox web browser to prevent all forms of unhealthy user tracking.
- Implement web standards & architectural improvements into Gecko, the browser engine underlying Firefox.
- Build performant & maintainable code; take responsibility for their maintenance & improvement over time & back it up by writing automated tests
- Collaborate with users to troubleshoot & fix bugs
- Work with a geographically distributed team & mentor junior team members.
- Communicate openly within Mozilla, the Firefox user base & open source community.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related program; or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to deliver & maintain complex software projects
- Excellent communication skills. You can validate your decisions & communicate them clearly.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with web architecture & the privacy & security model of the web.
- Experience collaborating remotely & asynchronously with an international team.
We value a variety of voices within our team & at Mozilla. You don't need to check every box on this list to apply.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices & forms of knowledge are crucial to & enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized & Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities & expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1787