BuzzFeed, the worlds leading independent digital media company, is looking for a Vice President, Corporate Controller. As the Controller,you willundertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory & financial reporting, management of the external audit, & taxation, as well as the development & administration of internal control procedures.
You are an experienced accountant with expertise in technical accounting, reporting & process control, & abusiness partnerwith theability to leadchange & achieve results throughcollaborationand persuasion. You have a native understanding of accounting for both digital & studio content, an appreciation of BuzzFeed's unique position in the marketplace, & prior managerial experience. You have anability to build relationships, balance your roles as a business enabler & a steward of company resources & policies, & build strategic partnerships across our businesses, including branded content; entertainment & news production & distribution; & new revenue lines.
You willbe based in Manhattan or Los Angeles & report directly to BuzzFeeds Chief Financial Officer.You willlead a team of approximately 15 accountants.
- Oversee all accounting activities to include reporting ofthe Company'sfinancialsin accordance withUS GAAP, regulatory guidelines & company policy & procedures
- Manage the period end close process & financial reporting to management & Board
- Lead a team of motivated accounting professionals through daily operational guidance, developing technical capabilities, & building relationships withbusiness partners
- Manage & analyze monthly management financial statements & reports to ensure integrity of financial informationand partner withFP&A to ensure consistency with budget/forecast treatment
- Design, document, & managepolicies & procedureswith respect torevenue recognition, accounts payable, accounts receivables, payroll, period end close & other accounting operations to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Partner withSales Ops to support deals & review sales compensation plans
- Review contracts for financial & accountingimplicationsto the business
- Develop, monitor & enforce internal controls,policies & proceduresacross the company
- Manage annual external audit process
- Keep company current with any prescribed changes to technical accounting requirements
- Manage & comply with local, state, & federal government reporting requirements & tax filings, including calculation of provisions, maintenance of transfer pricing policies & filing for all appropriate tax credits & rebates
- Partner withIT & HR Operations to ensure that Company has the appropriate information systems to meet its accounting & financial reporting & associated internal control requirements
- Manage all financial transactions on atimelyandfullyaccurate basis, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll & expenses
- Manage treasury, including cash, investments, banking & debt relationships
- Manage equity transactions & capitalization table
- Minimum of 12 years of accounting experiencewith7+ years insupervisory roles
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting & CPA
- Experience in both public audit (Big 4) & corporate accounting roles, with experience in digital media a plus
- Previous experience in:
- Managingthe period end close process
- Implementingfinancial systems
- Managingannual audits & all tax-related matters
- Recruiting, developing,training & mentoringa high performing accounting team
- Passion for & a fluency with media & entertainment, news, & technology, & an affinity for BuzzFeed & its brands
- Superiororal & written presentation abilities, including executive-levelpresentation skills
- Strongcollaboration orientation, with experience spanning functions & levels
- Outstanding strategic instincts with experience linking strategy to actual operations & operational requirements
- Strong leadership capabilitieswithabilitytomake quick, yet informed strategic decisionsrelated to partnership & deal opportunities
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.